Oil & Fuel loss of power

/ loss of power #1  

joed3320

Tractor
Johndeere
3320 seems like the top end power is not there.I notice it when I plow snow or shift in high range and go down the road and come to a little hill.I buy off road diesel I was told sometimes they add something to the fuel in cold weather which could effect my power.Is there a safe additive to put in the tank to clean and add power,only have 560 hours less than two years old.Has anybody had issues like this?

/ loss of power #2  
I add cetane boost in the winter like this: Power Service. Good idea to check that your intake is clear, no critters leaving stuff behind or clogged filters.

/ loss of power #3  
How long has it been since a fuel filter change? (Little or no black smoke under load). How about a air filter change? (Black smoke) The obvious first. How cold is it where you are? It could be fuel gelling / waxing up the filter.

/ loss of power
complete service was done at 410hrs,the temp might be a thought the tractor is stored out side I have a heat houser and let it warm up for 5 minutes or so but the fuel would still be cold at under 20* adverage

/ loss of power #5  
My 3320 (new to me this fall) did the same thing this late fall when I had to run it down the road to mow some property I had just purchased. Worked fine while mowing but when I would go out on the road in high range, as soon as I came to a grade, the speed would bleed off rapidly. 14-15 MPH on level road. It was too warm then for gelling.

/ loss of power #6  
Hydro I'm assuming? Are you empty or with heavy implements?
My 4600 hydro does the same thing in C range. The more you depress the pedel down going up hill, the rpm's drop. Find the sweet spot in the pedal between power and speed.
Chuck D.

/ loss of power #7  
I had the same problem with my 3720 all was fine mowing in B then when to C and up the drive hill and it struggled. I read on this site that someone else had this problem and someone suggested to make sure the tractor is not in LoadMatch mode.

/ loss of power
I put 4oz of Cetane Boost and I will get out my book to check on load match I haven't worked with that yet.I do feel better others with larger tractors in C have similar issues,all I could think about is big$$$ thanks for sharing

Last edited: