John deere x728 with a loader

/ John deere x728 with a loader #1  

Johndeerex728

Silver Member
Tractor
John deaf x728
Does any have pics or videos of a John Deere x728 with a loader.

/ John deere x728 with a loader #2  
Search on YouTube. There are a few, and one where the operator doesn't know how to run it yet. It was his first trial run with the FEL. Nice outfits.

/ John deere x728 with a loader
What's the name of the video on you tube.

/ John deere x728 with a loader #5  
Are you interested in any feedback on these? I had a 595 (the 748 now) with a 45 loader.

John M

Thank you and I say it and it's seems very good at moving snow so it would be good at loading a hopper spreader with salt and in the you tube clip that guy is beating the heck out f the x728 and it's handling it so it must be good at loading salt and move piles of dirt.

jcmseven said:
Are you interested in any feedback on these? I had a 595 (the 748 now) with a 45 loader.

John M

Yes please I would love the feed back

/ John deere x728 with a loader #8  
The loader satisfaction depends on what your intended use may be. First, the loader is very heavy duty. It costs and weighs as much as a 200cx loader (just about) and is meant to last. It is very easy to attach and detach and the hydraulics are easily accessed. It uses the hydraulic levers for up and down use and bucket maneuvering so it is pretty slow. As you may notice from the video, when lifting something with some weight, one has to stop and use the bucket with little to no forward motion (when lifting something heavy). This is because the X series tractors do not have a dedicated implement pump and have very low hydraulic flow in this situation, so the loader cannot lift much when the tractor is moving forward. Essentially one has to go into a pile of material, and then lift to get maximum performance. It certainly is not a bucket on the level of a compact tractor. That said, this is a great little loader for the machine. It is well designed and the tractors, both gas and diesel, will handle it well. In fact, I felt the tractors could probably use more loader in effect. For mulch, light dirt and even gravel, it does fine. It is a bit light for much grading work, but to be used as a type of heavy duty shovel it does fine. The other keys things to remember is that this loader has a limited lift capacity in no small part due to the low weight capacity on the HDAP tires. I nearly popped one off the bead when lifting about 300 pounds of gravel to dump in a trailer on uneven terrain, so great care must be taken. The other thing is ballast. I recommend having at least the 72# starter weights on the wheels, if not even an additional 50# on each wheel and loaded rear tires. I also ran a ballast box (click n' go) with 6 42 pound quick tach weights for a total on machine ballast in my case of 144+100+80+50+252=626 pounds of ballast. I live where it is hilly, so one who lives where it is flatter may be able to get by with 400-500 pounds, but no less. In addition, because the X series tractors lack a rockshaft control, they cannot operate a rear attachment and a loader simultaneously. This is what prompted me to look at my first compact tractor. That said, these X series machines do handle this loader well and the little loader is pretty nice, so long as the buyer knows that it is mainly meant for light duty garden/lawn work and material movement rather than aggressive digging, etc.

John M

jcmseven said:
The loader satisfaction depends on what your intended use may be. First, the loader is very heavy duty. It costs and weighs as much as a 200cx loader (just about) and is meant to last. It is very easy to attach and detach and the hydraulics are easily accessed. It uses the hydraulic levers for up and down use and bucket maneuvering so it is pretty slow. As you may notice from the video, when lifting something with some weight, one has to stop and use the bucket with little to no forward motion (when lifting something heavy). This is because the X series tractors do not have a dedicated implement pump and have very low hydraulic flow in this situation, so the loader cannot lift much when the tractor is moving forward. Essentially one has to go into a pile of material, and then lift to get maximum performance. It certainly is not a bucket on the level of a compact tractor. That said, this is a great little loader for the machine. It is well designed and the tractors, both gas and diesel, will handle it well. In fact, I felt the tractors could probably use more loader in effect. For mulch, light dirt and even gravel, it does fine. It is a bit light for much grading work, but to be used as a type of heavy duty shovel it does fine. The other keys things to remember is that this loader has a limited lift capacity in no small part due to the low weight capacity on the HDAP tires. I nearly popped one off the bead when lifting about 300 pounds of gravel to dump in a trailer on uneven terrain, so great care must be taken. The other thing is ballast. I recommend having at least the 72# starter weights on the wheels, if not even an additional 50# on each wheel and loaded rear tires. I also ran a ballast box (click n' go) with 6 42 pound quick tach weights for a total on machine ballast in my case of 144+100+80+50+252=626 pounds of ballast. I live where it is hilly, so one who lives where it is flatter may be able to get by with 400-500 pounds, but no less. In addition, because the X series tractors lack a rockshaft control, they cannot operate a rear attachment and a loader simultaneously. This is what prompted me to look at my first compact tractor. That said, these X series machines do handle this loader well and the little loader is pretty nice, so long as the buyer knows that it is mainly meant for light duty garden/lawn work and material movement rather than aggressive digging, etc.

John M

Wow thanks for that info it answer my question

/ John deere x728 with a loader #10  
One of the reasons I went with the X749 is I did not feel there was enough benefit or use for the 45 loader to justify giving up the AWS for it. I decided that if I really had a need for something to move materials that a tractor shovel attachment would cover it. Most of the time a wheelbarrow does the job, but the larger tractors with fel are much more sensible and efficient to use.

This is getting back to trying to make a single unit an 8 in 1 tool that accomplishes everything. You have to be ready to accept trade offs.