New 2520 Owner

/ New 2520 Owner #1  

TNTractor1

Silver Member
Tractor
2011 JD2520
Hi all. I just ordered a new 2011 JD2520 (62D MMM and 200CX FEL). Should be here in a couple of weeks! This will be my first "tractor", but I have owned a JD riding mower for several years. I have 12, mostly wooded acres. I'm sure I will be searching this forum for the answers to many questions in the coming months. :D

/ New 2520 Owner #2  
Welcome TNT!

And, congratulations. I'm betting you will love your 2520.

What tasks do you have planned for it?

As always, PICTURES ARE MANDATORY!

/ New 2520 Owner #4  
Congratulations on the new machine. I'm sure you will be wondering why you hadn't bought one sooner. I also have 2520, with FEL & 62D and so far I am very pleased.

I also have the front Quicktatch hitch setup with the 54" blade. It has been a godsend this winter. Has had no problem with the snow, even with the R4 tires without chains, which was the one thing I had really hoped it would do. So far so good, and this winter, we have had more snow than usual.

Good luck, I'm sure you won't regret your purchase.......hey it's only money.

REV

/ New 2520 Owner
Thanks for the welcome... We just bought the house along with 12 acres. I expect I will use it mostly for mowing, but I am sure the FEL will be used more and more as we get settled in. I have ALOT of trees which is nice, but I am sure I will be dealing with leaves and sticks year round. Here in West TN, we usually don't get much snow, althought this winter has been unusually snowy. Tractor is on order and should be delivered a week from today!

/ New 2520 Owner #6  
Welcome to TBN TNT!:)
Congrats on your new tractor!
You will love your 2520!:thumbsup:

Get your dealer to swap your rears to the wide position,and don't forget about using ballast on the 3PT when you're in FEL mode.;)

Greg

/ New 2520 Owner #7  
Congrats on the new Toy!!... I bet you are one of those older fellows like me looking for new ways to entertain your self. Well let me tell ya pal!! you just bought into an addiction that is harder to get rid of than a heroin habit! You will be dreaming about it at night!! You will spend all your free time playing like a child on it!! and then you will start spending money on it!! You will come up with all kinds of lies to your wife about why you must have that new attachment you saw on the John Deere site that's going to make your life so much easier!!! Should I go on??? Just remember to play safe!!

Wooden.

1992 JD318,48" MMM 2010 JD 2720, 62D MMM ,200CX loader and Taylor way 5 foot bush hog, and dreams!!

/ New 2520 Owner #8  
Congratulations! You are going to love that tractor and you're going to be amazed at how many you'll do with the FEL.