Jumper neutral switch

/ Jumper neutral switch #1  

Roadyman7

Tractor
John Deere 855 4x4
Great forum!

I have a John Deere 855 4x4. I am having trouble starting. Had to push forward and then reverse to find the "sweet spot" before it would start. Now even this doesnt work. Battery has good charge.No owners manual and dont know where the actual neutral switch is. How can I find the switch and then jumper around it?

/ Jumper neutral switch #2  

Attachments

• MP4785_________UN01JAN94[1].gif
    MP4785_________UN01JAN94[1].gif
    9.7 KB · Views: 629
   / Jumper neutral switch #3  
Thought I know many would disagree with me (with good reason) I am glad this feature is disabled on my tractor. I'd likely be arguing with it on a regular basis along with the other other quirks it has. :D

/ Jumper neutral switch
I want to jumper this switch but am having trouble finding it.

/ Jumper neutral switch #5  
Remove the panel between the operator's station and the seat (the panel with the mower height adjustment knob). You will see a set of wires running from the neutral switch on the right side of the transmission that run up and over the transmission to the wiring harness on the left side of the tractor. A little ways before the wires join up with the rest of the harness, there is a plug that connects the neutral switch to the main harness.

/ Jumper neutral switch #6  
Ok where are the safety police on this one. Don't want to hurt any feelings but that's the dumbest thing u could do. There are people killed every year from jumping around safety switches. They are put there for a reason. U might remember they are there but what if a friend or family member borrows it and something happens. Its not an expensive part to replace. JMHO.