460 loader

/ 460 loader #1  

Anonymous Poster

Finally 4610 arrived and we love it so far. One question we have though is when using the 460 loader can or are you suppose to have use of both raise and roll at the same time? Now when you raise the bucket and try to roll it at the same time you only get one or the other same when you lower the bucket and roll you only get one option. I am used to most joystick levers to give movement in two options at once.

Thanks in Advance
Chip Weeks

/ 460 loader #3  
<font color=blue>I can't imagine a loader being made that can't do both functions simaltaneously.</font color=blue>

I can./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif The LA401 loader on my B2710 was sorta like that. Both the manual and the sticker on the loader showed to NOT pull the joystick back and left simultaneously; in other words not to lift and curl at the same time. I guess the best way to describe it is that when it opened both valves simultaneously, the hydraulic oil took the route of least resistance, so whichever function (lift or curl) required the least force is the one that worked and when that function either became the one requiring more force, or if it reached the limits of its travel, then the other function took over and worked. Only if the resistance (or load) was the same on both would they work simultaneously. Now I can't say I liked that little feature, but when you know about it and get accustomed to it, it isn't a big problem.

/ 460 loader #4  
On my 4300, there is a lever that has 3 settings. 1 locks out the stick for the FEL, the other allows only 1 direction at a time and the 3rd setting allows full range motion of the stick (in turn allowing more than 1 motion on the FEL). The lever is below the FEL joystick. Maybe that's the issue if it's not allowing you to to both at once.

/ 460 loader #5  
Here’s what it says in the JD 4610 Operator's manual...

Top position is the unlocked position. You can move the joystick in all directions.

Middle position is to prohibit the regen function of the scv. This position is recommended for all implements except for the FEL.

Bottom position locks the joystick.

Bird is right about the path of least resistance. Whatever function uses the least pressure will work first.

Billy

/ 460 loader
<font color=blue>On my 4300, there is a lever that has 3 settings.</font color=blue>

I thought this was the problem also but the lever is in the top notch. I can move the joystick in combined position but the laoader and bucket move very slow and seems to be very sensitive to keep both functions working at the same time.

/ 460 loader #7  
Bird, I have never owned a tractor that could not both lift and dump, lift and curl or drop with the bucket functions. My neighbor has a little JD 790(?) that can't do the two simaltaneously. At first I thought it was broken but soon realized it was just the limitation of the loader. I suppose you get accustom to it, but I use the loader so frequently that I would not want to have a single function loader. If in fact the 460 loader can't do both simaltaneously, thats a major drawback to the JD loaders especially for the larger machines the 460 fits. I think their must be some simple reason for the 460 not operating this way such as was mentioned with some control valve. Rat...

/ 460 loader #8  
I own a 4600 w/ 460 loader and I am able to get both functions of the loader operating at the same time. The only thing I have not been able to do with my JD is to be able to go forwards and backwards at the same time./w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ 460 loader
Thanks for all the feedback. I think I will be having my dealer take a look at this because I thought that this tractor and loader should be able to do both functions at once.
Thanks Again
Chip Weeks

/ 460 loader #10  
I got a 755 and I can do both. One suggestion? try more RPM'S? I know when I have low rpms and try to lift a heavy load, it doesnt want to work both ways. High rpms (full throttle) will allow this on really full buckets. Just a thought to try before asking dealer.