John Deere Power beyond

/ John Deere Power beyond #1  

rjslota

Tractor
John Deere 4110
Hi, I installed a power beyond system on my John Deere 4110 to run a Tractor Supply log splitter and am having trouble getting it to work. I guess i'am not bleeding ot righe or does it take a lot of effort to charge the system. Thanks Ray

/ John Deere Power beyond #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ John Deere Power beyond #3  
Hi, I installed a power beyond system on my John Deere 4110 to run a Tractor Supply log splitter and am having trouble getting it to work. I guess i'am not bleeding ot righe or does it take a lot of effort to charge the system. Thanks Ray

i have a JD870 with power beyond. My system came with a loop hose connected to both rear ports.

i simply disconnect the loop, and connect my splitter to the rear ports. My splitter has an OPEN CENTER valve attached, and it only took about 10 seconds to charge up prior to 1st use.

make sure your splitter has the open center valve.

i went to tractor supply site, and i see a 3 point splitter there, it says it comes with a diverter valve to set up as a closed system. dont use that. Also, did you pipe directly to the power beyond ports? or thru a valve on the tractor?

/ John Deere Power beyond
Thanks but I addressed those points already, as soon as it warms up I'll start over. Once again thanks

/ John Deere Power beyond #6  
You did install the little set screw looking thing inside the valve block didn't you?

There is no need to bleed anything, the system will purge the air just by cycling the controls.

There was nothing in the "$%#@" direstions about a set screw. I have to look back into that. It ram does move a bit but no real power. I need to have a nice day and mess with it. Thanks for the tip.

/ John Deere Power beyond #8  
There was nothing in the "$%#@" direstions about a set screw. I have to look back into that. It ram does move a bit but no real power. I need to have a nice day and mess with it. Thanks for the tip.

Look at the picture below, You have to install the screw (#17) in the block that's between the valve and the tranny. It blocks the flow of oil back to the tranny case and diverts it into the OUT port of your PB lines. When this is not in place, your two valves (on the splitter and FEL) are in parallel and neither will operate correctly.

Attachments

• 4110.gif
    4110.gif
    18.9 KB · Views: 626
Well acording to the JD directions you use the internal plug on units without SCV. What is the valve your kalking about you mentioned it with the splitter. I have 2 6ft hoses that have to be charged thats why I think it has to be bleed.and fluid added to the tractok. Thanks

Attachments

• 102_2229.JPG
    102_2229.JPG
    418.5 KB · Views: 356
   / John Deere Power beyond #10  
my splitter has a 4 foot and a 3 foot hose. the tractors hydraulics are self purging, meaning just run it and they bleed themself. mine only needed a few seconds to operate. The valve on the splitter has to be set for open center operations.