Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    John Deere 4110

Default John Deere Power beyond

Hi, I installed a power beyond system on my John Deere 4110 to run a Tractor Supply log splitter and am having trouble getting it to work. I guess i'am not bleeding ot righe or does it take a lot of effort to charge the system. Thanks Ray

Tractor
    None currently

Welcome to TBN.
    Muhammad Chishti
    Administrator

Tractor
    Kioti DK45SE hst cab

Default Re: John Deere Power beyond

Quote Originally Posted by rjslota View Post
    Hi, I installed a power beyond system on my John Deere 4110 to run a Tractor Supply log splitter and am having trouble getting it to work. I guess i'am not bleeding ot righe or does it take a lot of effort to charge the system. Thanks Ray
    i have a JD870 with power beyond. My system came with a loop hose connected to both rear ports.

i simply disconnect the loop, and connect my splitter to the rear ports. My splitter has an OPEN CENTER valve attached, and it only took about 10 seconds to charge up prior to 1st use.

make sure your splitter has the open center valve.

i went to tractor supply site, and i see a 3 point splitter there, it says it comes with a diverter valve to set up as a closed system. dont use that. Also, did you pipe directly to the power beyond ports? or thru a valve on the tractor?
    currently own
    2011 Kioti DK45SE HST CAB tractor/loader, Jimna 6" - 3 point wood chipper, 60" JD Brush Hog, JD 60" Rototiller, 3 point post hole digger with hydraulic assist, 3 point spring tooth rake, Fimco 55 gallon weed sprayer with 12 foot boom, 3 point hydraulic wood splitter (home built)
    Quick Attach 79" loader mount snowblower & rear powerpack
    Quick Attach 84" Snow Blade
    Quick Attach 42" pallet forks

Tractor
    John Deere 4110

Thanks but I addressed those points already, as soon as it warms up I'll start over. Once again thanks

Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Welcome to TBN!!! Also look into the Hydraulics section...
    Kyle - CompactTractorFan

Kubota BX25 w/R4's (23 hp, 17.7 PTO hp), Loader, Backhoe, 60" Mid Mount Mower, Cyclone Rake Z-10 Lawn Vacuum, CountyLine Carryall, Ferris 48" Walk-Behind Mower, Honda 21" Walk-Behind Mower, Mighty Mac 4" Chipper/Shredder,
    2000 Dodge Intrepid, 2012 Ford F-150 EcoBoost

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455AWS

You did install the little set screw looking thing inside the valve block didn't you?

There is no need to bleed anything, the system will purge the air just by cycling the controls.
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com

#BoltOnHooks

Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain and Rigging Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components, and MUCH more!

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Visit our YouTube Channel

Tractor
    John Deere 4110

There was nothing in the "$%#@" direstions about a set screw. I have to look back into that. It ram does move a bit but no real power. I need to have a nice day and mess with it. Thanks for the tip.

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455AWS

Quote Originally Posted by rjslota View Post
    There was nothing in the "$%#@" direstions about a set screw. I have to look back into that. It ram does move a bit but no real power. I need to have a nice day and mess with it. Thanks for the tip.
    Look at the picture below, You have to install the screw (#17) in the block that's between the valve and the tranny. It blocks the flow of oil back to the tranny case and diverts it into the OUT port of your PB lines. When this is not in place, your two valves (on the splitter and FEL) are in parallel and neither will operate correctly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails John Deere Power beyond-4110-gif  
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com

#BoltOnHooks

Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain and Rigging Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components, and MUCH more!

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Visit our YouTube Channel

Tractor
    John Deere 4110

Well acording to the JD directions you use the internal plug on units without SCV. What is the valve your kalking about you mentioned it with the splitter. I have 2 6ft hoses that have to be charged thats why I think it has to be bleed.and fluid added to the tractok. Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails John Deere Power beyond-102_2229-jpg  

Tractor
    Kioti DK45SE hst cab

my splitter has a 4 foot and a 3 foot hose. the tractors hydraulics are self purging, meaning just run it and they bleed themself. mine only needed a few seconds to operate. The valve on the splitter has to be set for open center operations.
    currently own
    2011 Kioti DK45SE HST CAB tractor/loader, Jimna 6" - 3 point wood chipper, 60" JD Brush Hog, JD 60" Rototiller, 3 point post hole digger with hydraulic assist, 3 point spring tooth rake, Fimco 55 gallon weed sprayer with 12 foot boom, 3 point hydraulic wood splitter (home built)
    Quick Attach 79" loader mount snowblower & rear powerpack
    Quick Attach 84" Snow Blade
    Quick Attach 42" pallet forks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast