PowrReverser operation.

/ PowrReverser operation.
PICTURE!!:D

That's exactly what I said to my salesguy this morning! :laughing: He said that the loader and rear blade have been delivered and he's thinking that the tractor will be delivered later this week or early next week.

Thought they could set the tractor up in 3 days or so and have it shipped off by the first few days in April.

(He waffled a bit on the timeline for delivery up here... said mid-month (April) or maybe 3rd week.) 3rd week -- :( -- this is the 1st time he's used those words!

AKfish

/ PowrReverser operation. #33  
I looked at 'em.... :licking: but I think the wife would have filed for "protective measures"... and I don't think that would have involved a couple of aspirin and a good night's sleep, either... :eek: Maybe, lawyer - directed "medical intervention" which would have made it hard to sit down for a good while!! :shocked:

AKfish

Talking about the PowrReverser, you did get the knob that adjusts the aggressiveness of the clutch, didn't you? Just turning the factory installed knob on the dash can make it take off rather quickly or ease off to a start. Depending on what I'm doing, I like to have the option. I think that factory option was about $100

Talking about the PowrReverser, you did get the knob that adjusts the aggressiveness of the clutch, didn't you? Just turning the factory installed knob on the dash can make it take off rather quickly or ease off to a start. Depending on what I'm doing, I like to have the option. I think that factory option was about $100

Thanks, Dargo. I did order that option - reverser modulator control - (little knobby gadgit)!

A great thing about this forum and all the different forum's on TBN is the info from guys that have things that work and things that don't and they'll tell you why!! :thumbsup:

AKfish

/ PowrReverser operation. #35  
Thanks, Dargo. I did order that option - reverser modulator control - (little knobby gadgit)!

A great thing about this forum and all the different forum's on TBN is the info from guys that have things that work and things that don't and they'll tell you why!! :thumbsup:

AKfish

Yeah, yeah, that's it; 'reverser modulator control'. :D I prefer knobby gadgit on the dash for PowrReverser control. :) I do love that cool button on the outside of the back fender for the 3 pt hitch control while you're outside the tractor for hooking up implements. I almost bought a Kioti to get that, but the cab in the JD was so much larger and the 'jump seat', 'training seat', whatever you call it, was a must so my little buddy could go with daddy. All other tractors I looked at had cabs too small, mainly too narrow, for that option. When a lot of other things sort of equal out, it's funny how small things like that can swing the decision.

On the positive side, I just crossed 1000 hours of mostly all ground engaging, heavy brush hogging and loader work without any issues (except a clogged fuel filter once - but I don't blame that on the tractor). Considering that my tractor doesn't get any 'easy' work, I figure in dog years...:D, my tractor has about 2000 hours on it with no issues. You ought to have thousands of hours of trouble free service. It is time for me to change the A/C intake air filters this spring. Those aren't cheap. There again, they aren't cheap on any cab tractor. You may be able to get more life from yours if you're not constantly working in dusty areas. Overall, you ought to love it! :thumbsup:

Yeah, yeah, that's it; 'reverser modulator control'. :D I prefer knobby gadgit on the dash for PowrReverser control. :) I do love that cool button on the outside of the back fender for the 3 pt hitch control while you're outside the tractor for hooking up implements. I almost bought a Kioti to get that, but the cab in the JD was so much larger and the 'jump seat', 'training seat', whatever you call it, was a must so my little buddy could go with daddy. All other tractors I looked at had cabs too small, mainly too narrow, for that option. When a lot of other things sort of equal out, it's funny how small things like that can swing the decision.

On the positive side, I just crossed 1000 hours of mostly all ground engaging, heavy brush hogging and loader work without any issues (except a clogged fuel filter once - but I don't blame that on the tractor). Considering that my tractor doesn't get any 'easy' work, I figure in dog years...:D, my tractor has about 2000 hours on it with no issues. You ought to have thousands of hours of trouble free service. It is time for me to change the A/C intake air filters this spring. Those aren't cheap. There again, they aren't cheap on any cab tractor. You may be able to get more life from yours if you're not constantly working in dusty areas. Overall, you ought to love it! :thumbsup:

That's real good to hear! Not likly I'll be working the tractor for long stretches in conditions like that.. 1,000hrs of brush-hogging! :eek: I got the buddy seat, too. I'm looking down the road a few years and maybe a grandkid or two!

Yep... with 6 months of "not-possible-for-dust" conditions up here; I might get a few more hours outta those A/C filters than most.

AKfish