PowrReverser operation.

/ PowrReverser operation. #1  

AKfish

Tractor
JD 5115M; JD 110 TLB; JD 4720; Ford 9N; JD X300R
I'm waiting on delivery of a JD 5075M... likely be mid-April. In the mean time, I'm wondering a bit about the change over from working with my eHydro JD 110 to working the PowrReverser on the 75M.

Never worked with a Reverser machine - unless you classify a JD 644 wheel loader as having a "Reverser" transmision. (It has a shifting lever on the steering column with F-R-N).

Nonetheless, the literature on the 75M said something to the effect that "you only need to use the clutch to start the tractor" and operation afterwards could be completed by shifting the column shifter between F-R-N.

To my way of thinking; that would mean in a front loader application - approach the pile, stab the dirt, flip to N before much wheel spin, tilt bucket, flip to R and back up, flip to N as straightening front wheels, flip to F to travel to dump location.

Sound about right...?

Thanks for feedback and clarification.

AKfish

/ PowrReverser operation. #2  
Pretty much got it, and your right foot for the exhilarator pedal. hehe.

Lets see now your going to have to get used to using brakes again too.

Your left hand just got busier and your left foot is gonna go to sleep.

/ PowrReverser operation.
Pretty much got it, and your right foot for the exhilarator pedal. hehe.

Lets see now your going to have to get used to using brakes again too.

Your left hand just got busier and your left foot is gonna go to sleep.

Can't hardly wait!! :D I'm gonna start liftin' weights with my left arm to get ready...

AKfish

/ PowrReverser operation. #4  
I think you'll like the reverser transmission. Mine is a standard reverser and you do have to use the clutch when shifting the reverser lever, but it surely is easy.
As far as the clutch, don't you have to use it for shifting gears and ranges?

BTW, how many speeds?

/ PowrReverser operation. #5  
Can't hardly wait!! :D I'm gonna start liftin' weights with my left arm to get ready...

AKfish

Don't bother. It requires the same physical effort as using the turn signals on your car. If you are lazy like me, you can also use the power reverser lever to clutch with when shifting gears through your 16 speeds. Remember that "Neutral" on the power reverser lever is really "clutch in". Only shifting between ranges requires you to be standing still. I do most loader work without my left foot having to do anything.

/ PowrReverser operation. #6  
I have a light clutch in my power reverser tractor so I tend not to use the lever for clutching but you'll develop a technique.

/ PowrReverser operation. #7  
Mine has a light clutch too, but I find it has a very short travel between being dis-engaged and engaged. The power reverser can engage the clutch a lot smoother than I can. Especially when cold, I have trouble releasing the clutch smoothly with my foot without abruptly jerking the tractor into motion. It might just might be my own lack of coordination. The power reverser is smooth, always, and seems to compensate for rpm. :D

/ PowrReverser operation. #8  
Neutral is in the middle of the pattern. F-N-R. At start up you have to use the foot clutch once to disengage the override valve. The tractor will not move until this is done. In very cold weather operation will be slower until the trans fluid warms up. Also reverse is geared about 15% faster than forward. You find using the reverser will become very natural, it takes a while to get used to the faster reverse speed. I think you ordered the reverser modulating valve that allows setting the engagement speed of the reverser. I think that would be a must have option.

Since I have a Power Quad trans I never considered using the N of the reverser to shift gears. I would probably use the foot clutch as it would seem more natural to me.

Just remember full stop for range shifting.

Bet was hard to go from mid March to mid April for delivery

/ PowrReverser operation. #10  
please be careful. if ya get off the tractor and it is running. put the gear shift into neutral along with the (F-N-R) lever. it is way to easy to hit that thing with your leg, or a tool or something and nock the tractor back into gear.

also be careful when ya got a full heavy bucket in the FEL. i have slipped and went from F to R and vice vs. and either front wheels got real light or the rear end got real light due to not braking and slowing down.

for the 555c i have, it says in manual to have lower RPMs as well when ya shift. i would assume for your tractor as well. but i honestly don't know.

while going faster in reverse may get ya some. once ya get use to it. being able to wip in, get what ya need then just keep on going in reverse can be pretty handy.