Backhoe Backhoe Mounting Brackets for JD 4720 Cab

/ Backhoe Mounting Brackets for JD 4720 Cab #1  

OrangeAgain

Silver Member
Tractor
2015 Kioti RX7320PC, 1983 Kubota L275 4WD, 1981 John Deere 2440 2WD row crop tractor
My 4720 (model year 2011) was delivered just before Thanksgiving last year. The 485 backhoe wasn't attached because the dealer didn't have the PowerBeyond kit.

Last week the dealer picked up my 4720 and installed the PowerBeyond kit but evidently discovered they needed different mounting brackets to install the backhoe. The dealer says "I have to share with you that the brackets that mount the back hoe to the tractor are wrong. We have attempted to install your hoe and not been able to do so. We are working with Deere to get it sorted out. Model year 2011 information is not out for all the implements and there has been conflicting information."

They returned my tractor and it will need to go back when the mounting brackets arrive.

It seems odd to me that my 4720 didn't have the correct mounting brackets and that my dealer didn't know it needed the different brackets.

Any ideas what is going on?

/ Backhoe Mounting Brackets for JD 4720 Cab #2  
This is interesting, I just bought a 4320 with a cab and my dealer is about to install the 485 for me next week.

This make me concerned as my dealer ship has been horrible when it comes to small details

I know there is two different bracket assemblies used ( one is for the cab tractor the other is for the open station)

If you go to the build your own web site they are listed there,
see web site:
http://configurator.deere.com/servl...lID=Model_US534&baseCode=&futureProduct=false

please keep me informed. john

/ Backhoe Mounting Brackets for JD 4720 Cab #3  
There's been a significant upgrade to the hydraulic options for the 4000 series machines beginning with the 2011 model year.

Of course, it's not backward compatible; either, for earlier year models. One of the changes was with the Power-Beyond circuit.

AKfish

/ Backhoe Mounting Brackets for JD 4720 Cab #4  
I sent my 4320 cab tractor ( MY2011) in this morning to have the 485 backhoe installed. I will let you know how it turns out. I should have it back by this Saturday.

I hope it does not become a disaster for me. ( like my snowblower, see seperate thread)

/ Backhoe Mounting Brackets for JD 4720 Cab #5  
well, the dealer called and said the have the wrong Power beyond kit for my 4320. This will delay Saturdays promised delivery date.

Yet another insult to my dealers performance.

/ Backhoe Mounting Brackets for JD 4720 Cab
My dealer picked my 4720 up last Tuesday, its second trip to the shop to attach the bh, as they now had the right parts to attach the 485 backhoe.

The dealer emailed me today saying "We are waiting for a hydraulic fitting to finish up your back hoe installation."

Ugh!

I had a phone conversation with the dealer and understand it is not totally their fault. They discovered that the hydraulic fitting they had used previously, didn't work anymore. It seems that JD, a mature company, didn't follow through properly with their dealer network on what changed on the MY2011s at least for the backhoe attachments. I wonder what else JD hasn't told their dealers about changes?

I was hoping to spend some time maintaining my 1000' driveway this weekend as it is starting to dry out here in Vermont.

/ Backhoe Mounting Brackets for JD 4720 Cab #7  
Keep the updates comming, good luck with the install.

Do you know what bracket caused the mounting issue for them in the first place. ( looking for part number if possible)

I get the impression my dealer started installing the Power Beyond first, they have not said anything about brackets.

I 'm just looking to avoid another issue.

thanks

/ Backhoe Mounting Brackets for JD 4720 Cab
I don't know the bracket PN.

I would recommend, if your tractor is a MY2011, that your dealer have a conversation with JD to assure they are aware of all the changes that affect the bh attachments.

/ Backhoe Mounting Brackets for JD 4720 Cab #9  
Thanks, yes my tractor is a MY 2011. Everything my dealer does goes wrong for them I expect this to be no better.

The highlights:
Missing lights from sales order - on day one
Snow blower breaks down within 45 minutes of use - twice
Sold used equipment as new with 5 year old hoses on it - that didn't go well
Power Beyond incorrectly ordered

the list goes on and on

Last edited: