Oil & Fuel 2305 spring service

/ 2305 spring service #1  

planman8

Tractor
2006 JD 2305
I have a JD 2305 and am getting ready to change oil and do yearly maint.
I noticed in my owners manual that I need to drain water and sedimate from my fuel tank once a year. It doesn't tell me how to do this. Any advice out there ? It also says to service the water separator. How do you do this and where is it located?
Thanks, Al

/ 2305 spring service #2  
Good question! I haven't got a clue for the fuel tank and this is the first time that I see this in a regular maintenance schedule. As for the water separator, mine only have the fuel filter with the red plastic ring in the bottom that will float on top of the water if any. You will have to remove and change your fuel filter and at the same time get rid of any water and sediment in your bowl.:thumbsup:

/ 2305 spring service
Thanks Henri. You would think that JD would make it clear how to do this wouldn't you?

/ 2305 spring service #4  
Thanks Henri. You would think that JD would make it clear how to do this wouldn't you?

Yes, it is somewhat confusing, but as far as the fuel tank, I haven't bother looking into draining it, and would only do it if large amount of water or sediment would appear in the fuel filter.:)

/ 2305 spring service #5  
Drain water and sediment from the fuel tank? I've never heard of that. Isn't that what the filter/sediment bowl is for?
Will it EVER warm up this year? Still waiting for warmer weather to do spring prep on my 2210 so I don't have to buy any more $4/gallon kerosene for my garage heater. I want to recheck my earlier adjustment to the valves on the 500 hour service, the motor doesn't quite sound right over the winter. Also need to check for water in the front axle, change engine oil, lube the chassis and 3 pt. Need to also re-assemble the mower deck and sharpen the blades. I take the mower apart every fall and repaint the bottom and clean debris from under the pulley sheaves and remove the belt.
COME ON WARM WEATHER! Where's those 50's at least??? Better yet some 60 degree days, WHAT A LONG WINTER IT HAS BEEN!!!!

/ 2305 spring service #6  
Drain water and sediment from the fuel tank? I've never heard of that. Isn't that what the filter/sediment bowl is for?
Will it EVER warm up this year? Still waiting for warmer weather to do spring prep on my 2210 so I don't have to buy any more $4/gallon kerosene for my garage heater. I want to recheck my earlier adjustment to the valves on the 500 hour service, the motor doesn't quite sound right over the winter. Also need to check for water in the front axle, change engine oil, lube the chassis and 3 pt. Need to also re-assemble the mower deck and sharpen the blades. I take the mower apart every fall and repaint the bottom and clean debris from under the pulley sheaves and remove the belt.
COME ON WARM WEATHER! Where's those 50's at least??? Better yet some 60 degree days, WHAT A LONG WINTER IT HAS BEEN!!!!

Thank god for snowmobiles... and a 2305 with a snowblower and FEL! (I'm in the mountains of NW Maine!!! We got about 12 inches of the white stuff today.)

/ 2305 spring service #7  
Thank god for snowmobiles... and a 2305 with a snowblower and FEL! (I'm in the mountains of NW Maine!!! We got about 12 inches of the white stuff today.)

Better you guys than us I am sick of plowing snow. Time to get back to work!

/ 2305 spring service #8  
First I ever heard of draining fuel tank, I agree w/ Henri and Mega, let the filter do its work and be your guide for the tank.
Waiting for the sun here as well, might get a teaser this weekend....

/ 2305 spring service
Thanks guys,
I read that in the manual. But I thought the same thing about the sediment bowl. After hearing you guys talk about the hard winter, I am glad I live in North Carolina. But I can't play around in the snow with my tractor very much.
Al :)

/ 2305 spring service #10  
" Drain water and sediment from fuel tank, and service water separator. " is in the "As Needed" category so, as others have said, you won't have to worry about it as long as the filter looks good you should be fine.