88233-(|)-2320 - Driveshaft service schedule was not detailed in operator's manual

/ 88233-(|)-2320 - Driveshaft service schedule was not detailed in operator's manual #1  

dmay

Gold Member
Tractor
2010 JD2320
For all 2320 owners, attached is Solution Number: 88233 which updates the Operator's manual to identify the location of the drive shaft u-joint grease fittings.

Attachments

• 88233.pdf
    90.6 KB · Views: 783
   / 88233-(|)-2320 - Driveshaft service schedule was not detailed in operator's manual #2  
Very interesting...the burden is still on Deere and it's dealers to get this to their customers though.

Seems like it would make sense for Deere to have a link on their website for these bulletins. In fact, all bulletins so one can research older tractors and other equipment.

/ 88233-(|)-2320 - Driveshaft service schedule was not detailed in operator's manual #3  
I noticed that the Solution Publication date was Dec 14, 2010.

Curious how many 2320 owners that bought their machine prior to this date have received this bulletin.

As well, I wonder how many 2320 owners AFTER that date received it in their manual. I just read in another post about someone who just bought a 2320 a month ago and it sounds like they didn't know anything about this update.....

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/john-deere-owning-operating/201792-2320-drive-line-issue.html

/ 88233-(|)-2320 - Driveshaft service schedule was not detailed in operator's manual #4  
For all 2320 owners, attached is Solution Number: 88233 which updates the Operator's manual to identify the location of the drive shaft u-joint grease fittings.

Hey Dmay,

Where did you get that update? Your dealer send it to you, you find it online, other?

/ 88233-(|)-2320 - Driveshaft service schedule was not detailed in operator's manual #5  
I would expect that this is the type of thing that would show up as an alert under the "My Equipment" section of jdparts.com. However I've never noticed any such bulletins being presented to me for the equipment I have registered.

Does anyone with a 2320 have it registered under "My Equipment"?

/ 88233-(|)-2320 - Driveshaft service schedule was not detailed in operator's manual
I would expect that this is the type of thing that would show up as an alert under the "My Equipment" section of jdparts.com. However I've never noticed any such bulletins being presented to me for the equipment I have registered.

Does anyone with a 2320 have it registered under "My Equipment"?

I do. No alerts. :(

/ 88233-(|)-2320 - Driveshaft service schedule was not detailed in operator's manual
Hey Dmay,

Where did you get that update? Your dealer send it to you, you find it online, other?

I received this personally from my step son's God parent who works for John Deere corporate. He came over to celebrate my step son's 20th birthday last night and brought me this present.

/ 88233-(|)-2320 - Driveshaft service schedule was not detailed in operator's manual #8  
I received this personally from my step son's God parent who works for John Deere corporate. He came over to celebrate my step son's 20th birthday last night and brought me this present.

Can you tell him how pissed we are about the additional $1500 rebate on the 2520 we missed out on..Please..

/ 88233-(|)-2320 - Driveshaft service schedule was not detailed in operator's manual #9  
I was just at my dealer on Saturday for an open house and to receive my missing hose loop for the FEL, no mention of this update. I purchased my 2320 in May 2010.

I wonder why these Solution notices don't get prominent attention at the dealership level? You would think it should be a weekly agenda item for the dealership service team to review these notices to update their knowledge and service practices.