New 7 Iron deck anti-scalp wheel alignment

/ New 7 Iron deck anti-scalp wheel alignment #1  

jt7157

Tractor
new holland tc55da
My new 7 Iron deck for my new X748 does not have caster wheels in the front like the old design. All four anti-scalp wheels are fixed. What's odd to me is that the rear wheels are pigeon toed. Wouldn't it make sense for all four anti- scalp wheels to be parallel with the tractor itself? Has any other current design 7 Iron deck owner noticed this too? Thanks.

/ New 7 Iron deck anti-scalp wheel alignment #2  
Picture? Many folks lower theirs too low and it wears them out prematurely. The weight of the deck needs to be held up by the machine and not the antiscalp wheels.

/ New 7 Iron deck anti-scalp wheel alignment #3  
Kyle hit on the answer for jt.

I like the antiscalp roller in the center front, and as well add one to the center rear on my 54" decks.

/ New 7 Iron deck anti-scalp wheel alignment
Here are two pictures (if I can handle the technology). I just find it odd that the anti-scalp wheels would be angled in like that.

Attachments

• 2011-03-11%2010.29.54[1].jpg
    2011-03-11%2010.29.54[1].jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 475
  • 2011-03-11%2010.45.07[1].jpg
    2011-03-11%2010.45.07[1].jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 960
   / New 7 Iron deck anti-scalp wheel alignment #5  
They are probably on the wrong corners as they don't belong at that angle.

/ New 7 Iron deck anti-scalp wheel alignment #6  
I'd recommend you contact your dealer. It looks like you got the front wheels.
MP39408________UN26APR07.gif

Here are the rear wheels below.

MP39409________UN26APR07.gif

Notice the hoop on the fronts shown that looks like the one's you have?

That is a really fine mower you have there. When you get this small detail ironed out (pun intended) you'll really enjoy it. Good luck!

/ New 7 Iron deck anti-scalp wheel alignment
Thanks for everyone's help. I got the issue straightened out. The new version of the seven iron deck has side specific rear wheels. My deck came with all front wheels, which are not side specific. My dealer got the correct rear wheels for me, and all is good. I even have two extra front wheels. Thanks again.

/ New 7 Iron deck anti-scalp wheel alignment #8  
It is a shame that the setup guys at the dealer didn't notice the problem and fix it then. Has to be pretty embarrassing for the dealer to have employees working for him and missing such a simple thing.

Glad you have it straightened out now (literally) and even hava a couple extra wheels.

:drink: