2520 62d mower lift arms drag

/ 2520 62d mower lift arms drag #1  

Kep

Silver Member
I put the tiller on last night to do some tilling and with the tiller down the lift arms drag on the ground. I removed the arms before I started tilling but is there a way to secure them up so I don't have to remove them?

/ 2520 62d mower lift arms drag #2  
I put the tiller on last night to do some tilling and with the tiller down the lift arms drag on the ground. I removed the arms before I started tilling but is there a way to secure them up so I don't have to remove them?

There is a kit from Deere called a "lock up kit" - for what it is it is very expensive though - ~$175

When I need to do this for a temporary job without the belly deck on, I did a "ghetto" mod in using a bungee cord wrapped around underneath to hold the arms up.

/ 2520 62d mower lift arms drag #3  
I just take them off after each use, but zip ties seem to work for some.

/ 2520 62d mower lift arms drag #4  
I also have a 2520, and also the "lock-up kit". As "Prosperity" says, it does seem expensive, for what you get.......a couple of brackets and 2 adjustable chains. The kit is also intended to lock up the deck if you want, so the 3pth is then free to operate independently. If you get one, don't leave the chains on unattached. Mine actually threaded one of the adjuster buckles all the way out, from the vibrations I guess, and I lost it. Luckily I noticed it missing, and was able to find it again. Now I take them off if I'm not going to use them. I pretty much just use them in the winter, when the deck is off, and the front blade on.

When I ordered mine, I really thought it would be some sort of mechanical locking mechanism that you could engage right from the tractor seat, but no, just brackets and chains.

The kit does the job alright, but since I am not the "build it yourself" kind of guy, I really didn't have any choice, other than to go with the "red neck" kind of solutions........tie wraps/bungee cords, or take the arms completely off, which I didn't want to do.

Seems like a lot of money, but I sure couldn't have had something fabricated for any less I'm sure.

/ 2520 62d mower lift arms drag #5  
I just turn the mower height adjuster up and away you go.

/ 2520 62d mower lift arms drag #9  
"Originally Posted by classic
I just turn the mower height adjuster up and away you go.

On a 2520? There is none than I am aware of..."

I think you get this adjuster with the independent lift kit.

Attachments

• 2520 mower height control knob.jpg
    2520 mower height control knob.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 452
   / 2520 62d mower lift arms drag
Thanks, I couldn't find anything searching. I guess I'll have to make my own.