Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Super Member JB4310's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,645
    Location
    Central CT
    Tractor
    J.D. 4310 E-hydro

    Default JD 4310, Front Axle Leak?

    Found a good size oily wet spot running down my right front wheel, enough to make a 5" dia stain on the floor.

    I've heard of axle seal leaks here, but not sure what I'm up against.

    Anyone able to direct me me where to start?

    Thanks, JB.
    JD 4310; E hydro, 300CX, 48 BH, 60" box, 72" rake, 72" rear blade, cast pallet forks, 48", 61"HD & 73" high volume bucket.
    FORD 1700; 2 WD, 2600 hrs.
    JD 320; Hydra lift, 48" deck and 48" snow blade.
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500, Cummins 6.7L, Aisin 6 speed, 9ft utility body.

  2. #2
    Elite Member Zebrafive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,513
    Location
    South West MI
    Tractor
    John Deere 2030, John Deere 6415

    Default Re: JD 4310, Front Axle Leak?

    Search JD 4300, I think there are several posts that apply

  3. #3
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,108
    Location
    Lexington, NC

    Default Re: JD 4310, Front Axle Leak?

    This what you're looking for? This is from the JD parts site - 4310 front diff. - Sorry but evidently you cannot copy/paste a link to a particular page on their website anymore. Maybe this is of some help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JD 4310, Front Axle Leak?-mp39803________un04jun07-gif  
    Last edited by om21braz; 04-07-2011 at 02:20 PM. Reason: add

  4. #4
    Super Member JB4310's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,645
    Location
    Central CT
    Tractor
    J.D. 4310 E-hydro

    Default Re: JD 4310, Front Axle Leak?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zebrafive View Post
    Search JD 4300, I think there are several posts that apply
    I'll try it, but have never had luck searching on this site, partly because I rarely ever try.


    Quote Originally Posted by om21braz View Post
    This what you're looking for? This is from the JD parts site - 4310 front diff. - Sorry but evidently you cannot copy/paste a link to a particular page on their website anymore. Maybe this is of some help.
    Thanks, that's the right schematic, but no part descriptions?
    Also never had any luck on the JD parts site, looks like I need to learn.

    I was hoping to here from someone who has had the same problem before.

    JB.
    JD 4310; E hydro, 300CX, 48 BH, 60" box, 72" rake, 72" rear blade, cast pallet forks, 48", 61"HD & 73" high volume bucket.
    FORD 1700; 2 WD, 2600 hrs.
    JD 320; Hydra lift, 48" deck and 48" snow blade.
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500, Cummins 6.7L, Aisin 6 speed, 9ft utility body.

  5. #5
    Super Star Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    13,748
    Location
    Upper Midwest USA
    Tractor
    JD_4x2_Gator, JD_4300, JD_X485, JD_425, JD_455, JD_110

    Default Re: JD 4310, Front Axle Leak?

    JB
    Go to jdparts and register (it is free) and you can go to the model 4310 to see all the schematics with part numbers (for any JD tractor or item made, it appears).

    Go to kennyd for a primer if you don't figure out how to do it, or ask here. Glad to help you get on board for a world of info on Deere.

  6. #6
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    109

    Default Re: JD 4310, Front Axle Leak?

    Quote Originally Posted by JB4310 View Post
    Found a good size oily wet spot running down my right front wheel, enough to make a 5" dia stain on the floor.

    I've heard of axle seal leaks here, but not sure what I'm up against.

    Anyone able to direct me me where to start?

    Thanks, JB.
    Same problem, here, KB. Picked up the parts yesterday from the local John Deere dealer -- two seals (both left and right sides), were Spicer brand, large seals (~$28 each), and you also need their "flange sealant" which is Permatex 515 ($15). Should be a fairly easy job *if* the bearings are not the tapered ones (I don't think that mine are). If I do it over the weekend, I'll let you know how it goes . . .

    Richard Easley
    Waco, Texas

  7. #7
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,907
    Location
    S. W. Virginia
    Tractor
    Kubota B3200, Ford NAA, IH 454D, Case 1845C

    Default Re: JD 4310, Front Axle Leak?

    Quote Originally Posted by JB4310 View Post
    Found a good size oily wet spot running down my right front wheel, enough to make a 5" dia stain on the floor.

    I've heard of axle seal leaks here, but not sure what I'm up against.

    Anyone able to direct me me where to start?

    Thanks, JB.
    When we had a 4400 I replaced the front axle seals a couple times. It was only about a 30-40min job IIRC, wasn't too bad. If you are mechanically inclined it's pretty self explanatory how to replace them, just tear it apart and you'll see how it works.
    Kubota B3200
    Ford NAA Jubilee
    International 454D
    Case 1845C skid steer
    JD 265

  8. #8
    Super Member JB4310's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,645
    Location
    Central CT
    Tractor
    J.D. 4310 E-hydro

    Default Re: JD 4310, Front Axle Leak?

    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    JB
    Go to jdparts and register (it is free) and you can go to the model 4310 to see all the schematics with part numbers (for any JD tractor or item made, it appears).

    Go to kennyd for a primer if you don't figure out how to do it, or ask here. Glad to help you get on board for a world of info on Deere.
    I know I registered once before and got lost in there somewhere in the thousands of models they have I've seen kenny's link to the tutorial, I'll have to check it out.


    Quote Originally Posted by reasley View Post
    Same problem, here, KB. Picked up the parts yesterday from the local John Deere dealer -- two seals (both left and right sides), were Spicer brand, large seals (~$28 each), and you also need their "flange sealant" which is Permatex 515 ($15). Should be a fairly easy job *if* the bearings are not the tapered ones (I don't think that mine are). If I do it over the weekend, I'll let you know how it goes . . .

    Richard Easley
    Waco, Texas
    Do you know what part the seal is in this blow up? 22 maybe? because mine dripped on the outside of the wheel I think it must be coming from the end somewhere? Let me know what you find, what model do you have?

    thanks




    Quote Originally Posted by Verticaltrx View Post
    When we had a 4400 I replaced the front axle seals a couple times. It was only about a 30-40min job IIRC, wasn't too bad. If you are mechanically inclined it's pretty self explanatory how to replace them, just tear it apart and you'll see how it works.
    Thanks, I am at least mechanically inclined, so yeah I should be able to do the job, I would like to have the right parts when I start. The dealer is only 8-10 miles away, but not sure if they stock the parts.

    JB.
    JD 4310; E hydro, 300CX, 48 BH, 60" box, 72" rake, 72" rear blade, cast pallet forks, 48", 61"HD & 73" high volume bucket.
    FORD 1700; 2 WD, 2600 hrs.
    JD 320; Hydra lift, 48" deck and 48" snow blade.
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500, Cummins 6.7L, Aisin 6 speed, 9ft utility body.

  9. #9
    Super Star Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    13,748
    Location
    Upper Midwest USA
    Tractor
    JD_4x2_Gator, JD_4300, JD_X485, JD_425, JD_455, JD_110

    Default Re: JD 4310, Front Axle Leak?

    Quote Originally Posted by JB4310 View Post
    I know I registered once before and got lost in there somewhere in the thousands of models they have I've seen kenny's link to the tutorial, I'll have to check it out.

    Just have to enter the model number (i.e. 4310) and select the CUT from the list to get access to your tractor. The 4310 beet harvestor also shows up


    Do you know what part the seal is in this blow up? 22 maybe? because mine dripped on the outside of the wheel I think it must be coming from the end somewhere? Let me know what you find, ......?

    The seal is 22 and the part number is LVA16814. AXLE OUTPUT W/INSTRUCTIONS, (SUB FOR LVU10836)
    Hope this helps, my reply in bold letters.
    Last edited by beenthere; 04-08-2011 at 02:37 PM.

  10. #10
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,108
    Location
    Lexington, NC

    Default Re: JD 4310, Front Axle Leak?

    JB,
    Part # 22 is listed as a "seal" on that drawing - it has a JD number of LVA16814. The only other part shown there is #33 - which is'nt where I would think your leak is. I attached a link below directly to the JD parts page - just enter 4310 in the model block (left upper portion of page) then scroll down and pick the 4310 tractor.



    John Deere - Parts Catalog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Toolcat 5610 vs CUT review
    By radman1 in forum Buying/Pricing/Comparisons
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-29-2013, 03:50 PM
  2. Front Axle Pivot Leak
    By AceDeuce in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-03-2010, 11:16 PM
  3. 4wd 2150 Front Axle Leak
    By fschukar in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-07-2007, 05:46 PM
  4. Oil leak on front axle
    By CajunRider in forum Owning/Operating
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-11-2005, 06:08 PM
  5. Front Axle Case Leak on L2950
    By Anonymous Poster in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-05-2001, 10:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2016 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.