Question, I Match won't lift Bush hog

/ Question, I Match won't lift Bush hog #1  

wooden

Silver Member
Tractor
1992/318 & 2010/2720 deere
I got an I match hitch to make life easy with my bush hog, only to find out that the center hook allows the floating link on the Taylor way bush hog to roll out of the hook when it takes the weight. Would anyone here recommend welding that link so it can't move? Seems like the only way I will be able to lift the thing.---------- Suggestions please!!--------- I was sold on this Taylor way bush hog by my dealer because he said the JD 5 foot hog was more expensive and the Taylor way was a better implement
because of a slip clutch rather than a shear pin.
Wooden

Attachments

• 3pt hitch 001.JPG
    3pt hitch 001.JPG
    777.8 KB · Views: 1,134
   / Question, I Match won't lift Bush hog #2  
Looks like you will just have to re-make that top end to work with the iMatch. Believe me, it will be worth it.

I replaced the steel straps from that top end to the rear of the hog with chains. Then I take that bolt out and just use one of the short steel straps to connect to the top arm pin of the iMatch (have a long enough pin there so it fits nicely. A rigid configuration could be welded for it, but have to get off to connect the PTO shaft so it isn't any extra pain to fasten to that top pin.

Attachments

• RC513transport1.JPG
    RC513transport1.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 748
   / Question, I Match won't lift Bush hog #3  
I can see what you mean, nothing to hold the top link in the hook.

What I would try is to take the bowed front pieces out of the rear joint and move them forward to the front joint. Make sure the bowed pieces can swivel and use nylok nuts to keep them from working loose. In essense you move the swivel point behind the fixed yoke.

Make sure the top link is spaced correctly for the IMatch, that is 15" vertically higher than the lower hitch pins center to center.

/ Question, I Match won't lift Bush hog
Looks like you will just have to re-make that top end to work with the iMatch. Believe me, it will be worth it.

I replaced the steel straps from that top end to the rear of the hog with chains. Then I take that bolt out and just use one of the short steel straps to connect to the top arm pin of the iMatch (have a long enough pin there so it fits nicely. A rigid configuration could be welded for it, but have to get off to connect the PTO shaft so it isn't any extra pain to fasten to that top pin.

I see you have a JD bush hog, so why then did you have to modify to fit the I match? And what would the ill effect be if I welded that link to the 15" required for the I match? Is it there as a floater for going over bumps? Seems to me when the hog is attatch straight to the 3 PT hitch, there is no need for a floating link? am I wrong?

/ Question, I Match won't lift Bush hog #5  
My Deere 513 rotary cutter is older model and not iMatch compatible.
The chains allow the deck to float (much more than the short floating link straps will allow).
The long support steel straps will bend without the floater links, as the deck will not lift the 3 ph arms when the rear wants to lift up. The chains go slack, and is why the chains are much better than the steel straps. (for extreme emphasis, posted this pic)
You can almost see one of the short floating straps attached to the top arm pin of the 3 ph. The top hook of the iMatch doesn't connect to anything on the 513 RC

Attachments

• RC513Bank.jpg
    RC513Bank.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 3,455
   / Question, I Match won't lift Bush hog
I think what I am going to try is welding that link to the 15 inch height , but I'll change out the rigid straps to chains as in your case. It's the only way I can see to use the I match and still have the flexibility of a floating back. Thanks for the pic, it helped to clear things up in my mind.

I am still open for other ideas from anyone that have them.!!

/ Question, I Match won't lift Bush hog #7  
I don't have an idea but I do know that when you buy a new rotary cutter, it has to be I-match compatible. The only brand that would be is the Frintier of course since it is Deere. No other brand cuuter will work on the I match.
In the past when the 513's and LX 5's were sold, when you set that cutter up, you could set it up either way. It all has to do w/ the configuration of the floating top link on the cutter and how it setys in the "hook". It still has to float and slide.

I have an I-match hitch but have a Land Pride cutter that is not compatible, during mowing season, I just take the I-match off and hook to the 3 pt. hitch.
W/ an I-match, you have to be flexible since not all implements hook to it.

/ Question, I Match won't lift Bush hog #8  
I don't have an idea but I do know that when you buy a new rotary cutter, it has to be I-match compatible. The only brand that would be is the Frontier of course since it is Deere. No other brand cutter will work on the I match.
In the past when the 513's and LX 5's were sold, when you set that cutter up, you could set it up either way. It all has to do w/ the configuration of the floating top link on the cutter and how it sets in the "hook". It still has to float and slide.

I have an I-match hitch but have a Land Pride cutter that is not compatible so during mowing season, I just take the I-Match off and hook to the 3 pt. hitch.

W/ an I-match, you have to be flexible since not all implements hook to it.

/ Question, I Match won't lift Bush hog #9  
TT
Most attachments can be made to work on the quick hitches, that include the iMatch. Takes some ingenuity and fabrication, but can be done if desired. ;)

The only attachment I have that I've not changed out is a used tiller. I'm on the lookout for a Deere tiller so am not investing any time or effort to make it iMatch compatible.

/ Question, I Match won't lift Bush hog #10  
Really no need to weld anything, just remove the swinging top link and replace with appropriate spacer for the top hook,if the distance is correct from the bottom pins to were the top link bolt is, then replace ridged supports with chain like you had in mind.