Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver Member

Default John Deere 4105 hydraulic fluid leak FIX ! ( maybe others)

Hydraulic fluid is leaking from the fillcap located behind the top center link on rear of tractor . John Deere knows of problem but did not fix ( out of warranty ) The solution number is 80527 ( JD number ) Install parts , this will effectively move the fill cap/vent from the splash of oil .

Parts
    LVA17243 - oil tube extension

61M3006 - fitting

Take centerlink holder off ( 2 bolts )

Then clean any dirt off and take YELLOW vent/fill cap off , next screw fitting ( 61m5006 ) .

Next screw oil tube on ( LVA17243 ) . Then put cap back on ( new fitting ) and install centerlink holder last ( 2 bolts )

The finished product . Fill/vent cap is moved higher .
    Last edited by goochy; 04-15-2011 at 11:44 PM.

Tractor
    JD 5075M; JD 110 TLB; JD 4720; Ford 9N; JD X300R

Default Re: John Deere 4105 hydraulic fluid leak FIX ! ( maybe others)

Good job, goochy! That's exactly the kinds of posts that other owner's will benefit from - now - and later on when they do a search for info on 4105's.

AKfish
    "Most people want to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

Nice...Thanks for the follow up. Like AK wrote, that is sure to help someone in the future.
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com

Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components.

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Visit our YouTube Channel

Silver Member

Thanks guys !!! This was my 1st " How to " so hope it was Ok . Thanks to Tractobynet for finding the solution letter ( on different post ) . All the good info from everyone has really helped ( on older post ) . I am so glad I bought the parts from JD . Very beefy stuff , with o rings on everything . List is around $60.00 . I was unhappy ( just bought used tractor from dealer ) and he sold it for $44.60 otd for everything . Should never leak again .

Veteran Member GreatWhitehunter's Avatar
    Tractor
    JD 110 TLB

Didn't someone else add this to there 3000 series just because of the hassle of trying to fill 5 gallons of oil through the mess of all the restrictions.

Matt
    Deere 110 TLB, Load Trail Low Pro Dump trailer, 2500HD Duramax, Kawasaki 4010 Mule

Silver Member

NO MORE LEAKS !!!!!!!! been running tractor alot and hard , no leaks anymore !!

Thanks for the info,

That is the extension tube that is supplied with the power beyond kits for cab units.

Tractor
    JD 4105

Hi Guys, Just doing some research on the JD 4105 and came across this. This great info will come in handy when I recieve my JD next weekend. My father-in-law is wanting to down size from his 4105 to my Kioti CK 30 and we worked out a trade that we're both happy with. He's moving to a much smaller piece of property that the Kioti will work out much better than the bigger JD.
    Thanks for all of the posts on here from everyone. I hope to be a regular on here and excited about going Green.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Deere 4100

Quote Originally Posted by rescuerandy
    Hi Guys, Just doing some research on the JD 4105 and came across this. This great info will come in handy when I recieve my JD next weekend. My father-in-law is wanting to down size from his 4105 to my Kioti CK 30 and we worked out a trade that we're both happy with. He's moving to a much smaller piece of property that the Kioti will work out much better than the bigger JD.
    Thanks for all of the posts on here from everyone. I hope to be a regular on here and excited about going Green.
    Welcome to the forum!

Silver Member

Been busy , have not been on here in forever !!! But still NO leaks !!! Still LOVING the 4105 !!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast