John Deere 4105 hydraulic fluid leak FIX ! ( maybe others)

/ John Deere 4105 hydraulic fluid leak FIX ! ( maybe others) #1  

goochy

Silver Member
Hydraulic fluid is leaking from the fillcap located behind the top center link on rear of tractor . John Deere knows of problem but did not fix ( out of warranty ) The solution number is 80527 ( JD number ) Install parts , this will effectively move the fill cap/vent from the splash of oil .

Parts
LVA17243 - oil tube extension
2011Aug15Tractorfix006.jpg

61M3006 - fitting
2011Aug15Tractorfix005.jpg

Take centerlink holder off ( 2 bolts )

2011Aug15Tractorfix009.jpg

Then clean any dirt off and take YELLOW vent/fill cap off , next screw fitting ( 61m5006 ) .
2011Aug15Tractorfix010.jpg

Next screw oil tube on ( LVA17243 ) . Then put cap back on ( new fitting ) and install centerlink holder last ( 2 bolts )

2011Aug15Tractorfix011.jpg

2011Aug15Tractorfix013.jpg

The finished product . Fill/vent cap is moved higher .

Last edited:
   / John Deere 4105 hydraulic fluid leak FIX ! ( maybe others) #2  
Good job, goochy! :thumbsup: That's exactly the kinds of posts that other owner's will benefit from - now - and later on when they do a search for info on 4105's.

AKfish

/ John Deere 4105 hydraulic fluid leak FIX ! ( maybe others) #3  
Nice...Thanks for the follow up. Like AK wrote, that is sure to help someone in the future.:drink:

/ John Deere 4105 hydraulic fluid leak FIX ! ( maybe others)
Thanks guys !!! This was my 1st " How to " so hope it was Ok . Thanks to Tractobynet for finding the solution letter ( on different post ) . All the good info from everyone has really helped ( on older post ) . I am so glad I bought the parts from JD . Very beefy stuff , with o rings on everything . List is around $60.00 . I was unhappy ( just bought used tractor from dealer ) and he sold it for $44.60 otd for everything :D. Should never leak again .

/ John Deere 4105 hydraulic fluid leak FIX ! ( maybe others) #5  
Didn't someone else add this to there 3000 series just because of the hassle of trying to fill 5 gallons of oil through the mess of all the restrictions.

Matt

:thumbsup: NO MORE LEAKS !!!!!!!! been running tractor alot and hard , no leaks anymore !! :D

/ John Deere 4105 hydraulic fluid leak FIX ! ( maybe others) #7  
Thanks for the info,

That is the extension tube that is supplied with the power beyond kits for cab units.

/ John Deere 4105 hydraulic fluid leak FIX ! ( maybe others) #8  
Hi Guys, Just doing some research on the JD 4105 and came across this. This great info will come in handy when I recieve my JD next weekend. My father-in-law is wanting to down size from his 4105 to my Kioti CK 30 and we worked out a trade that we're both happy with. He's moving to a much smaller piece of property that the Kioti will work out much better than the bigger JD.
Thanks for all of the posts on here from everyone. I hope to be a regular on here and excited about going Green.:)

/ John Deere 4105 hydraulic fluid leak FIX ! ( maybe others) #9  
rescuerandy said:
Hi Guys, Just doing some research on the JD 4105 and came across this. This great info will come in handy when I recieve my JD next weekend. My father-in-law is wanting to down size from his 4105 to my Kioti CK 30 and we worked out a trade that we're both happy with. He's moving to a much smaller piece of property that the Kioti will work out much better than the bigger JD.
Thanks for all of the posts on here from everyone. I hope to be a regular on here and excited about going Green.:)

Welcome to the forum!

Been busy , have not been on here in forever !!! But still NO leaks !!! Still LOVING the 4105 !!!!