Future 2520 owner

/ Future 2520 owner #1  

Mercmaniac

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 2520 & John Deere 445
Hi I am new to the site, just found it and look forward to being here. I just made a deal on Sat for a new 2520, 200 cx loader and 54" snow blower. I was wondering how the plastic impeller on the 54" blower has worked/held up for those of you who have it. I have been running a JD 445 with a 47" blower for the past 15 yrs. It has done a tremendous job for me. Can't wait to see what this thing does.:thumbsup: Thanks for any info on the impeller.

Eric

/ Future 2520 owner #2  
Hi I am new to the site, just found it and look forward to being here. I just made a deal on Sat for a new 2520, 200 cx loader and 54" snow blower. I was wondering how the plastic impeller on the 54" blower has worked/held up for those of you who have it. I have been running a JD 445 with a 47" blower for the past 15 yrs. It has done a tremendous job for me. Can't wait to see what this thing does.:thumbsup: Thanks for any info on the impeller.

Eric

Welcome to TBN Mercmaniac. :thumbsup:

Well to answer your first question so far I haven't read to many negative things about the plastic impeller. I am also curious to see how it holds up. I just received my new 2011 2520 a few weeks ago and have been enjoying it very much. I didn't get a chance to blow snow with it nor have I mowed with it yet. I'm kinda in between seasons here right now. (snow leaving and spring/rain) Some small loader work but thats it so far. I had a 445 with a 47" blower and 60 MMM and had it for 10 years. I agree that the 445 is a great little tractor.

Here's a topic on the plastic impeller.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/john-deere-buying-pricing/200088-how-good-54-snow-blower.html

Last edited:
   / Future 2520 owner
Thanks for the link to that topic RD. I guess time will tell. My 445 will still be available to help out. Man I can't wait!!