JD 2320 Front PTO

/ JD 2320 Front PTO #1  

GasmanON

Tractor
John Deere 2320
Hi,
We had a late season snowstorm, and i wanted to reattach my front mount blower. However, I am finding it very difficult to reattach the front PTO inside the quick hitch mount. It was also very difficult to remove the front PTO, and i found that I needed to loosen some of the bolts attaching the quick hitch mount to the tractor. I wonder if they were over torqued when the dealer installed mount.

It seems to me that the fixed pins on the front PTO should easily mount inside the quick hitch bracket, but it seems the pins are too wide.

Does anyone else have the same problem?

Does anyone have any advice about attaching/detaching the front PTO kit?

Thanks

/ JD 2320 Front PTO #2  
:welcome:
Is it the one that you position and then twist to get it to lock in place?

If so, I've found it is easy to have it mis-aligned and then it doesn't work well. But when I figure out (again) how to align the pins right, it snaps in real easy. I doubt you have to loosen any bolts.

/ JD 2320 Front PTO #3  
Or...does yours look like this? With the two bearings (#3) that need to line up? Maybe they don't line up and that is why you might have to loosen the bolts a bit.

Attachments

• 2320_pto_front.JPG
    2320_pto_front.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 191
   / JD 2320 Front PTO
Hi
It is the bracket with the bearings, but I'm not having trouble with the driveshaft. I wonder if it might be because the grill guard is getting in the way.

/ JD 2320 Front PTO #5  
I haven't taken off my blower yet, but as I remember, the two bearnings have the octogon shape in the bore. Mine sometimes are not aligned. Also there is some up to down / side to side movement. Mostly getting the bearings rotated correctly.

John

/ JD 2320 Front PTO #6  
Hi
It is the bracket with the bearings, but I'm not having trouble with the driveshaft. I wonder if it might be because the grill guard is getting in the way.

So, you are not having trouble getting the driveshaft through the two bearings? :confused3: