3-Point Hitch 4110 3 point problem

/ 4110 3 point problem #1  

Pipestone Kid

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4110HST
My4110 three point has a lever to raise and lower. The travel are of this lever is graduated to adjust the height of the back blade. When either raising or lowering, the blade does not move on the bottom half of the graduations. (i.e. I have to pull the lever half way up before the blade starts to move) I have tried adjusting the "drop speed" control and adjusting the upper arm of the 3 point to no avail. Anyone have any ideas?

/ 4110 3 point problem #2  
i'm guessing the blade is not letting the lift arms go all the way down.

the blade is keeping the arms approx half way up, that is why the lever does nothing until you get to a point where it will actually lift the arms since they are that high anyways.

Take the blade off and i'm guessing the arms will drop all the way down and your lever will work in the whole range of motion....

/ 4110 3 point problem #3  
I agree with Hanson. Try letting your blade down slowly till it just hits the ground and mark that point with the sliding marker knob on your draft control lever. I can pull the lever in toward my leg on my 4110 and go past this marker if I want the implement lower. This way you will know exactly where the zero point is with your back blade, which helps save the cutting edge when plowing snow on pavement.

Jeff

/ 4110 3 point problem #4  
I agree with Hanson. Try letting your blade down slowly till it just hits the ground and mark that point with the sliding marker knob on your draft control lever. I can pull the lever in toward my leg on my 4110 and go past this marker if I want the implement lower. This way you will know exactly where the zero point is with your back blade, which helps save the cutting edge when plowing snow on pavement.

Jeff

Hanson and pif have posted some great tips here.:thumbsup: Good stuff.

/ 4110 3 point problem #5  
Valve spool that you adjust for the "drop speed" may be stuck. Back off CCW the adjustment a bit if it's been turned in, and try jerking up on the lift arms, should un-stick the valve spool. Do with tractor not running of course and draft control in low position.

/ 4110 3 point problem
Thanks for the replies. I will try all of the suggestions and report back. And Pif, what is "pavement"? :)

/ 4110 3 point problem
Backed the blade over a ditch and lowered it till it was just hanging (bottom of the lever. Tried raising it and had to go to # 5 on the lever before it started to raise. I have to take the blade off to try "unsticking" the valve. Weather permitting, will try that tomorrow.

/ 4110 3 point problem #8  
Pipestone --- "Pavement" is the hard stuff that pops up and forms little hills around potholes. ;)

Keep us posted and let us know if you get your problem solved.

/ 4110 3 point problem
Haven't solved it yet--been raining and snowing every day. With all the rain, snow, and mud, the tractor says it is very comfortable in the shed. :)