Fluid and filter change on a 4320

/ Fluid and filter change on a 4320 #1  

dj1701

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 4320, Kubota BX2680
Hello All,

I have a JD 4320. I'm due for the break-in fluid and filter change. I was wondering what people have been paying for the dealer to service it as opposed to doing it yourself.

Thanks
Dave:D

/ Fluid and filter change on a 4320 #2  
Are you going to haul your tractor to the cheapest dealer for a fluid change? ;)

What does your local dealer charge?

Doing it yourself should be "no charge".

/ Fluid and filter change on a 4320
I realize that if I do it myself I would save money, but how much? I was wondering what the other people paid. I do not know what all the filters and oil would cost. If the service part is not overly expensive, it would be worth it...

/ Fluid and filter change on a 4320 #4  
Are you planning on just changing the engine oil and filter? Not much to that and there's no reason to change the transmission fluid until 200 hours.
If you do plan on changing the transmission fluid and filter, just make sure you have a pan large enough to drain. It's over 10 gallons.

As far as cost, call your dealer and get the prices (filters (oil and hydraulic), 10 gallons of hydraulic fluid, 8 qts of engine oil). Don't forget transporting the tractor to the dealer unless you have a way to do that yourself.

It's time for the 50hr oil and filter change. First one since I bought it. I guess everything has to be changed.

/ Fluid and filter change on a 4320 #6  
It's time for the 50hr oil and filter change. First one since I bought it. I guess everything has to be changed.

That's just engine oil/filter...you can do that.

I'll have to check the manual. Thanks :thumbsup:

/ Fluid and filter change on a 4320 #8  
Engine oil and filter is easy and not really worth hauling to the dealer. The tranny is not very difficult either and everything is detailed in your owners manual.

/ Fluid and filter change on a 4320 #9  
Engine oil and filter is easy and not really worth hauling to the dealer. The tranny is not very difficult either and everything is detailed in your owners manual.
+1 I changed engine oil/filter, hydro oil/filters, air filter (removed & cleaned all associated parts), front axle oil in about a little over 1/2 day and I'm very slow. One tip - the 5-gallon pails of hyd. oil are cheaper per gallon, but not as easy to handle as the 1-gal. jugs.

/ Fluid and filter change on a 4320 #10  
Some dealers will come to your house and do the easier stuff. One of our local Deere dealers has a van to do this but I always do my own maintenance.
The 4320 is one of the easiest tractors to change engine oil and filter. The engine has a diversion scoop on the side to direct oil away from the engine to prevent a mess.
My vote is for doing it yourself like mentioned above. :thumbsup: