400x loader

/ 400x loader #1  

mike23

Tractor
5093e,2520
I am considering a used 4520 cab tractor. I have two questions. The joystick control works really stiff compared to my 2520. Is that normal for cab tractors? The 400x left loader mast is so loose you can grab it and shake it back and forth. It appears that it needs to tightened because the right side of the bucket will hit first and the left side is up in the air 1 1/2 inches. Is there a way to tighten it up? The tractor is fully loaded with 435 hours for $26000.

/ 400x loader #2  
I am considering a used 4520 cab tractor. I have two questions. The joystick control works really stiff compared to my 2520. Is that normal for cab tractors? The 400x left loader mast is so loose you can grab it and shake it back and forth. It appears that it needs to tightened because the right side of the bucket will hit first and the left side is up in the air 1 1/2 inches. Is there a way to tighten it up? The tractor is fully loaded with 435 hours for $26000.

The joystick on my JD 3320 Cab is stiffer than on the same O/S machine.

As for the FEL take a look OMW54459 See Section 25 and in particular Items #7 & #14. The mast may not be seated properly and / or the Latch Cap Screw may not be properly adjusted.

/ 400x loader #3  
I'd suspect there is a dealer setup adjustment that wasn't done, or there has been some slippage from loose bolts. I know where the adjustment is on the 430 FEL, but not the 400x.

/ 400x loader #4  

Not normal... and not good! And you should not be taking the "lead" on handling the problem, either!!

Where's the dealer and his shop people?

Are they likely to be AWOL in future if you buy the tractor?

AKfish

/ 400x loader #5  
Not normal... and not good! And you should not be taking the "lead" on handling the problem, either!!

Where's the dealer and his shop people?

Are they likely to be AWOL in future if you buy the tractor?

AKfish
Considering what this tractor is priced at and the minimal hours on it, I expect this tractor is individually owned and not on a dealer lot? I agree though - have it checked over by a dealer if it indeed is not at one before purchase because it has a couple issues.

/ 400x loader #6  
If the loader hasn't been abused the uneven loader can most likely be fixed with proper adjustments and making sure tires have correct pressures.
The FEL joy sticks seem to be relatively stiff on these tractors.

/ 400x loader
It is a privately owned tractor. I most likely will have the local dealer check it out. The tires show some hard work on rocks. The lugs are cut up. I live on a farm and like most farms tractors take somewhat of abuse.

/ 400x loader #8  
My bad... it may not be a serious problem with the loader - per se. It could be; but with the number of hours, etc. it's just as possible to be a problem with the boom arm adjustment.

I assumed (you know what they say about that..) the tractor had not been properly detailed by the dealership when they took it on a trade-in.

You should have it checked out. Could be a tweaked loader arm - or not...

AKfish

/ 400x loader #9  
It is a privately owned tractor. I most likely will have the local dealer check it out. The tires show some hard work on rocks. The lugs are cut up. I live on a farm and like most farms tractors take somewhat of abuse.
I have 1100 hours on my Kubota L4350 with 10 ply tires all the way around, 12" wide in the front and I use my tractor. I have a few cuts but nothing like you seem to describe. Might be time for some questions about usage.

/ 400x loader
Talked to the dealer and they feel that the loader is not seated correctly and the tire issue could be the previous owner may have been spinning the tires on concrete or asphault. They have seen skid loaders that have cleaned out chicken houses have the same kind of wear.