Quick 3pt-Hitch (Do you like yours=Y/N)

/ Quick 3pt-Hitch (Do you like yours=Y/N) #1  

fuseboxer

Silver Member
Tractor
two john deere Sabres (2554-Scotts) and 4410 john deere ,Allis Chalmers WD , 5' Cub Cadet Zero turn
I put a 3pt quick hitch on my 4410 John Deere compact tractor. After about two hours of fighting to get the 1/3yd dump bucket on the new quick release I pulled it off and will sell it for cheep. I believe it may be fast and easy for some impliments but not the first one that I selected. The bucket can be put on the 3pt fwd or backward. Only one way was possible and still a fight. I believe if a person has John Deere impliments and John Deere quick hitch the match may be better. I bet my box blade, brush hog, snow blade, etc. probably would attach fast but the bucket I started with was a failure. Tractor Supply quick hitch and all impliments.

DO YOU LIKE YOUR QUICK HITCH? ???????? YES or NO ???????

PS. you can have mine for $50.

Fuseboxer

Last edited:
   / Quick 3pt-Hitch (Do you like yours=Y/N) #2  
I have a Speeco quick hitch. I use it on my back blade, blower, tiller, carry all. I would NOT be without it. It makes hooking up a piece of cake. For the blade and carry all, I never leave the seat. I did have to modify the carry all to make it work, but the rest was no sweat.

/ Quick 3pt-Hitch (Do you like yours=Y/N) #3  
You should figure out which attachments are meant for a quick hitch, and which ones are not. It isn't the quick hitch's fault. ;)

Good luck.

/ Quick 3pt-Hitch (Do you like yours=Y/N) #4  
Lot of guys love 'em...and I've got a Deere QH. But I wish I'd bought another Pat's Easy Change instead.
If you don't mind modifying your implements to fit, I guess they're OK. You still have to get off to hook up the PTO drive shaft.

I thought about selling my QH, but I reckon I'll hang on to it. Maybe I'll get off my butt and modify the implements one day.

/ Quick 3pt-Hitch (Do you like yours=Y/N) #5  
I like my IMatch, you have to modify the odd implement that doesn't fit one time and then it is an easy fast hookup thereafter. I just ordered a new IMatch for my garden tractor and will make sure that all of the implements are fitted. Sure makes life easier.

/ Quick 3pt-Hitch (Do you like yours=Y/N) #6  
Ditto on the I-Match. I wouldn't be without one-a big timesaver. Yes, you still have to get off to hook up the PTO, but I'm not worn out from trying to get the implement attached!

Having said that, I'm trading my I-Match for the Land Pride Quick Hitch for the added flexibility of the adjustable top hook, in order to avoid having to modify my non-JD/Frontier implements to JD specs. Any other implements either get modified to work with the quick hitch or traded or sold.

Bottom line to me- while I don't have to have a quick hitch, I'll never be without one!

GGB

/ Quick 3pt-Hitch (Do you like yours=Y/N) #7  
I like mine but I bought all my attachments new and all were certified as quick hitch compatible. It still took a little work to get everything set up right though. I had to modify my grader scraper a bit to get the bolts for the adjustable top hook on the QH to fit between arms on the scraper. Also had to spread the QH apart about 1/2" with a bottle jack to get it to be wide enough for the grader scraper. Not to mention getting all the right bushings and spacers. Definitly takes some work to set up but from then on switching implements is easy as long as all your attachements can be made to work.

/ Quick 3pt-Hitch (Do you like yours=Y/N) #9  
You couldn't pry my iMatch from my cold dead hands!

But what is this "1/3yd dump bucket" you speak of? Never heard of anything like that for a 3PH.

A search of the term "imatch" will return HOURS of reading.

/ Quick 3pt-Hitch (Do you like yours=Y/N) #10  
You couldn't pry my iMatch from my cold dead hands!

I feel the same as Kenny does.

fuseboxer said:
I believe if a person has John Deere impliments and John Deere quick hitch the match may be better.

I wouldnt say that...I do not own a single JD or Frontier implement and I still love it. Everything I own (except my tiller at this time) is iMatch ready.
As for the quick hitch itself, the JD one is a TRUE ASAE quick hitch. Many/Most MFG's like Woods, Land Pride, etc are making attachments to that spec these days. Even shortlines like RAD (my Snowblower) have jumped on the ASAE Spec bandwagon.