2305 Wheel Spacers

/ 2305 Wheel Spacers #1  

hink10

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 2305
I've done some reading but wanted to get some opinions on rear wheel spacers for the 2305. I have some hills and can use all the stability I can get. Now, I don't even have the tractor yet so I don't know how stable it will be in the stock configuration. So, for those of you who have used your 2305 with and without spacers, how much difference does it make? Also, it looks like the aluminum spacers available are cheaper than the steel Deere spacers, any significant difference?
Thanks!
Steve

/ 2305 Wheel Spacers #2  
JDFanatic will probably chime in with great enthusiasm for the deere spacers. I didn't use my 2305 much before the spacers, so I can't say how much they helped. They are a requirement for running chains w/a backhoe subframe.

/ 2305 Wheel Spacers #3  
My 2210 is very stable as stock, should handle the same as a 2305. Just fasten your seatbelts (really, do it) and drive slowly. Main reason I chose the 2210 over the X series was the ROPS bar. I mow a very steep ditch out front at such an angle that when wet the front tires sometimes skid a little. I believe the 200 pound 62c deck does a lot to keep the cg very low on this machine. If you are concerned I would consider wheel weights to lower the cg further and would be just as effective as spacers.

/ 2305 Wheel Spacers #4  
Don't forget to load the tires. I'm surprised they let 2305 TLBs out the door without loaded tires; the 200cx manual says loaded tires are *required* on the 2305 w/ 200cx.

/ 2305 Wheel Spacers
Don't forget to load the tires. I'm surprised they let 2305 TLBs out the door without loaded tires; the 200cx manual says loaded tires are *required* on the 2305 w/ 200cx.

Loading the tires is something I was thinking about but I don't know much about it at this point. It looks like the loader ballast requirements are either 772 lbs. 3pt. hitch ballast and loaded tires or 772 lbs 3 pt. and 3 wheel weights per wheel. More to ponder I suppose.
Thanks,
Steve

/ 2305 Wheel Spacers #6  
I noticed a marked improvement in stability with both loading the tires and with adding spacers. I'd say that loading the tires made a larger difference, but both changes were immediately noticeable and I wouldn't go back. :)

/ 2305 Wheel Spacers #7  
I adapted a power angle plow from a 110 to fit on my 2305 for snow removal. I found out very quickly that I would need chains since nothing on my property is level. I soon realized I needed wheel spacers. I don't recall what ones I ended up with but they are the steel jd ones from another tractor. The chains rubbed badly on the backhoe subframe and oddly enough the dealer had never heard of this before. Anyway the spacers improved the stability quite a bit but I never got to run the tractor with the chains on as winter ended before I got everything together. The spacers make the tractor alot more comfortable on some of the slopes around the property. Hope this helped!

/ 2305 Wheel Spacers #8  
Are the wheel spacers we speak of made for the X700 series or the 2300 series tractors? Is there use endorsed by Deere on the 2300 series tractors?

/ 2305 Wheel Spacers #9  
There are no JD spacers made specifically for the 2305 however there is no clearance for tire chains if you have a backhoe. My dealer had no problems with me using spacers and even offered to have a local machine shop make me some but they were much cheaper at The Tracks Company plus they would make wider ones than JD sold.

George

/ 2305 Wheel Spacers
There are no JD spacers made specifically for the 2305 however there is no clearance for tire chains if you have a backhoe. My dealer had no problems with me using spacers and even offered to have a local machine shop make me some but they were much cheaper at The Tracks Company plus they would make wider ones than JD sold.

George

I was looking at those spacers, they look nice and the price is reasonable. I am getting the BH and 62C deck, what size spacers would you who have them, recommend?
Thanks,
Steve