5105M in the Hay Fields

/ 5105M in the Hay Fields #1  

erervin

Tractor
John Deere 5105M
I broke out the 275 disk mower and the 5105M this afternoon and knocked down about 15 acres of fescue. I've got just about 90 hours on the tractor since I purchased last fall. Because I only fed hay this winter and never really got the rpm's above 1800 for an extended period of time, I went ahead and changed the oil and replaced it with the John Deere diesel engine break-in oil as recommended.
I snapped a couple pictures today and thought I'd share. I've been very pleased with the 5105M and am happy with my decision to go with the 5-series over the 6-series. I suits my needs as a cattle/hay producer.

Attachments

• IMG_0444.jpg
    IMG_0444.jpg
    479.4 KB · Views: 1,178
   / 5105M in the Hay Fields #2  
Nice looking set up you have there ! Beautiful picture too . :thumbsup:

/ 5105M in the Hay Fields #3  
Thanks for sharing the pic. I also bought a 5M (clicky here for pic) last fall. Very pleased, so far. I have a little over 125 hours on mine. Looks like we also have a hay cutter in common. Isn't that a JD 265 or 275? I think my 5M will serve me well in the hay field too. I have about 60 acres of Bermuda/Bahaia grass hay meadow. My hay equipment is a JD 265 and a Kuhn GMD600 disc mowers, a JD 457 round baler, and a Sitrex 10-wheel V-rake.
BTW, at least you have hay to cut. Be grateful. If it doesn't start raining soon, we may not get any this year.

Last edited:
   / 5105M in the Hay Fields #4  
Nice tractor. We raise cattle also and the 5525 works great.

/ 5105M in the Hay Fields #5  
Fine looking tractor... and you're "hired" help is pretty sharp, too!

Just got back from a visit to SD and the folk's. Had a chance to check out a 5105M. Very, very nice machine.

Still waiting for my 5075M to be delivered.

No hay up here for quite a spell yet... Leaves aren't out on the trees and I've still got a patch or two of snow left over from my winter piles.

Just got my fertilizer spread today on my biggest field.

Thanks for posting the picture.

AKfish

/ 5105M in the Hay Fields #6  
I laid one 32 acres of hat today with my 5525. I hope it will be ready on Tuesday for baling.

D.

/ 5105M in the Hay Fields #7  
I laid one 32 acres of hat today with my 5525. I hope it will be ready on Tuesday for baling.

D.

Hey Darin! Good to hear from you and see your still "pounding" those bales out! :thumbsup:

Tuesday, huh?? (Man, I need a better real estate agent.... :D)

AKfish

/ 5105M in the Hay Fields #8  
thats a nice looking rigg you have there.

/ 5105M in the Hay Fields #9  
Green with envy...
For what ever reason, I love haying and will miss doing it this year.

/ 5105M in the Hay Fields #10  
Great looking outfit!!!! How does the 5105M handle the disc mower on hilly ground? Do you think a 5095M or a 5085M would handle the mower as well?
What about a 5085M on your baler?