Traction I got stuck

/ I got stuck #1  

Nick359

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 4720
I was on vacation this week. I was going to dig geo therm trenches, but I didn't get the parts to get started. I thought I would work on the pond. I did get some work done, but the tractor didn't want to leave. I backed into the area and dug. When it was time to go, the outriggers didn't want to let go of the ground. I had to get the Toylet with the rear winch to get the tractor out. I broke my new mirror off the truck, but the cage saved the door.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 4,419
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 3,168
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 3,132
   / I got stuck #2  
Thats what I'm talking about! Even though its not fun getting stuck. Hats off to you for being brave enough to enter that area.....looks very soggy.

/ I got stuck
I dug the slop on either side of the tractor out of the pond. When I went to get the truck I could see light under the front axle. The rear was sunk. Twenty minutes later the mud was halfway up the front axle housing. It was starting to get dark, and I thought it might spend the night in the woods. I had been cutting my new neighbors yard for him until he got a mower. I called him and asked for a hand. I guess friendships are forged in knee deep mud.

/ I got stuck #4  
A true friend sin't the one you call to bail you out of jail, a true friend is in there with you

/ I got stuck #6  
Next time, get a chain tie it to your backhoe and to a strong tree and start pulling with the back hoe.

/ I got stuck #7  
Which way did you have to go to get it out? That looks like sticky mud! Did you have to chain the truck to something to winch it out?

/ I got stuck #8  
Next time, get a chain tie it to your backhoe and to a strong tree and start pulling with the back hoe.
Given that the pond is in that direction, that probably wouldn't have been the solution in this case. But the same concept would have worked up front. Chain the bucket to a tree, then work your way out by curling and uncurling the bucket.

//greg//

/ I got stuck
I had to get the tractor out by going forward uphill. I got about ten feet forward by using the front bucket and the hoe. After that I couldn't get anywhere and I was sidehilling towards a tree. I coudn't lift the rear of the tractor with the backhoe. I will have to see if I can lift up the machine in the yard.

I was in the same spot earlier in the day and I had no issues. We got a little rain and I went back. I didn't think I could get stuck with the hoe and loader, but I did.

/ I got stuck #10  
Maybe good walking stick w/sharp end for testing. ;)