Backhoe Deere 110 Backhoe on a non-110 tractor?

/ Deere 110 Backhoe on a non-110 tractor? #1  

sweetjeep

Bronze Member
Hi folks.

Odd question..

I have a Deere 4720 (which for the record, I don't really like) and I need a backhoe. There is someone local who is selling the backhoe off their 110tlb, for a reasonable price.

I am curious if it is possible to plug the 110 backhoe on to my 4720?

I know the 110 is an upgraded compact tractor chassis (a 4x10?) so it makes me think this should be possible.

thx!

/ Deere 110 Backhoe on a non-110 tractor? #2  
Why would someone sell the hoe off of a 10TLB:confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2:

But I don't think it will work easily at all. The mounting is much different, and I think there are two pump that feed the hoe on the 110.

/ Deere 110 Backhoe on a non-110 tractor? #3  
I have a Woods, very well made. If you find one it would be much easier to mount than a model specific backhoe, like a 110. Mine has a subframe, but I have seen them in a 3 point version.

/ Deere 110 Backhoe on a non-110 tractor? #4  
Suggest you PM a TBNer nicknamed AKfish. He has a 110TLB and probably knows more about that tractor then most of us.

My guess is it'll cost you a fair amount of $$$ to make it work...

/ Deere 110 Backhoe on a non-110 tractor? #5  
Good question, I have a 4520 and a 110tlb and will look into this to satisfy our curiousity. The 110tlb does have more hydraulic power available for sure so that even if it is possible to mount the 110's hoe it would be slower and weaker. The 110's operating pressure is 3000 psi vs. the 4z20 series at 2500 psi.

IIRC the 110tlb has many similarities to the 4610 tractor.

/ Deere 110 Backhoe on a non-110 tractor? #6  
Good question - it would be slower and weaker. The 110's operating pressure is 3000 psi vs. the 4x20 series at 2500 psi.

IIRC the 110tlb has many similarities to the 4610 tractor.

Agree on both counts.

That said; there's one very important difference between the 4000 series machine and the 110TLB -- the frame design and the HD materials used to construct the frame.

The 110 frame is a construction "ladder type" that incorporates the the loader frame into the structure for additional strength.

The Deere website used to offer a picture of the tractor frame without engine, fenders, transmission, transaxles, etc.

IMO - even if you could - say, fabricate the 110 mounting hardware onto a 485 hoe chassis (that would mount directly to the 4720) - you'd jeopardize the overall tractor (4720) with catastrophic frame failure under heavy use.

Please remember that with thumb, HD bucket and stabilizer guards, etc. the 110 hoe is gonna edge over the 2,000 lb mark.

AKfish

/ Deere 110 Backhoe on a non-110 tractor?
Cool. thanks a lot guys. To answer the question of why would you sell the hoe?? I have no clue!!

I had a feeling the answer wasn't quite so simple, but you don't ask, you don't know!

/ Deere 110 Backhoe on a non-110 tractor? #8  
Cool. thanks a lot guys. To answer the question of why would you sell the hoe?? I have no clue!!

When I was looking for one a few years ago, the dealer had one at the back of his lot. It did not have a hoe on it, but did have a massive hydraulic box blade.

I wandered back to take a closer look at it and it appeared to have grass growing from the FOPS. This seemed strange, so I asked about it. Turns out, the guy who owned it had rolled it on a hillside (for the second time) and his wife made him sell it.

Now here is a guy who had a hoe to sell...

/ Deere 110 Backhoe on a non-110 tractor? #9  
My thought is to get the full benefit of a 110tlb you need to get it with all the hydraulic options, top and tilt 3PH, then buckets, forks, boxblade, and any thing else.:thumbsup:

When you start disecting the equipment such as the hoe and try to put it on the lighter built tractors the price advantage will dimenish fast. Having looked at the 4520 and 110 closeup I can tell you the 110 is much heavier built.

/ Deere 110 Backhoe on a non-110 tractor? #10  
If the 110 had a factory cab option and 60hp --- there wouldn't be nearly as many 4000 series tractor's sold!!! :thumbsup:

Or Kubota M59's either...

AKfish