JD950 3pt lift capacity

/ JD950 3pt lift capacity #1  

mah

Bronze Member
Will a JD950 lift a 2000 lb roll of hay?

Mike

/ JD950 3pt lift capacity #3  
<font color=blue>...Will a JD950 lift a 2000 lb roll of hay?...</font color=blue>

Try to be more specific in your question... by loader, 3-pt attachment, how high, how far, is this a one time contest, or a daily routine, to settle a bet...? /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

Explain your question a little better, please... /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ JD950 3pt lift capacity #4  
sounds like a tall order for the 950, I am with John,is it a one time event ? settle a bet maybe??

/ JD950 3pt lift capacity
It would be used a couple of times a week to move the hay across a small flat pasture.

Mike

/ JD950 3pt lift capacity
With three point hay fork.

/ JD950 3pt lift capacity #7  
I had a 970. I decided to get a FEL as I'm planning on starting a small cow/calf operation and I wanted it to move round bales. I discussed this with my JD dealer, who may or may not have my best interests in mind. He strongly felt that the 970 was not enough tractor, citing its light weight (compared to the weight of the bales) and lesser hydraulics.
We also discussed using a bale fork on the three point hitch, which we seemed a little more comfortable with, but still maintained the 970 was not enough tractor.
Some of the old hands in the area agreed with him. So....I traded in the 970 on a used 5310 with FEL. Believe me, there's no comparison between the two machines.
Whatever you do, be careful. Everywhere I look I see warnings about the dangers of handling round bales.

/ JD950 3pt lift capacity #8  
Will it? Maybe, but I don't think so.

Should it? Absolutely not.

/ JD950 3pt lift capacity #9  
And will the front tires be pointed sky-ward? Yup /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ JD950 3pt lift capacity #10  
I agree, I don't think it would do it either, but if it would you better have alot of front end weight. If I remember right the 50 & 55 series were about the same lift cap. around 1100lbs. my 4400 handles them with no problem, but it has more lift on both ends. can you get smaller bales? or a newer tractor