Loader Aftermarket loader hyd. connections

/ Aftermarket loader hyd. connections #1  

Blueforester

I have a JD4500. No hydraulics or SCV. Dual SCV kit or components for JD 400x are NLA. No longer available.

I have a manifold block on the PTO valve where the SCV would normally be. A J-tube connects manifold valve to Rockshaft housing.

To connect an aftermarket loader can I remove J-tube and connect Press. In to manifold and the Press. out to rockshaft housing? Is a drain to sump required?

Or would a Power Beyond kit work better providing I can find one for this model?

Any help would be appreciated. My local dealer has not be helpful at all in getting a JD loader on or with connecting an after market loader.

Blue

/ Aftermarket loader hyd. connections #2  
Welcome to TBN:D

There are several company's that make loaders that should fit your machine, and they will include the needed hydraulics to make them work.

Bushhog
Woods
Koyker
Westendorf
Quicke

/ Aftermarket loader hyd. connections
Yes, I'm considering a Westendorf. Comes w/ Hydraulics. My question is on how best to connect their hyd. to tractor. Connect where J-tube is or install power beyond kit and connect there? Or is there a better way?

Thanks!

Blue

/ Aftermarket loader hyd. connections #4  
I cannot find this "j-tube" in jdparts...But the PB lines could certainly be used. I am sure Westendorf already has it figured out on how to hook it up, or are they leaving that to you?

They leave that to purchaser. Although they have kind of agreed w/ my idea on how to connect. Of course, they are selling me the loader. I have worked on cars, trucks boats, and aircraft weapons system. I know how the parts of the tractor work together. But admit I'm not an expert on tractors. I need some expert advice on what I think would work.

I'm going to try and attach some jpg images. I have a word doc showing what I have. I can e-mail if you like.

Attachments

• J-tube.jpg
    J-tube.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 184
  • Manifold.jpg
    Manifold.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 154
  • PTO valve.jpg
    PTO valve.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 162
My tractor has the manifold mounted on top of the PTO valve where the SCV valve would be. J-tube connects to left port on manifold and rockshaft housing.

Can I remove J-tube and attach loader lines. Or would it be better to install the Power beyond kit if I can find one. JD said it is about $400 if they can get it.

Attachments

• Power Beyond.jpg
    Power Beyond.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 218
Thanks! I feel much better now. I think they told me there lines came w/ 3/8 NPT. I'm thinking a can just procure adapters to fit ports.

Also, I think their valve can be configured to open center or closed. If it is configured to open center then return to sump is not required?

Attached is their 2 spool valve. I'm actually getting the 3-spool for a third function.

Blue

Attachments

• West-Valve.jpg
    West-Valve.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 142
   / Aftermarket loader hyd. connections #9  
In your setup, you need Open Center, no PB adapter unless you can find a blank port to the tank.