Imatch Quick Hitch mod with pics

/ Imatch Quick Hitch mod with pics #1  

mcgill72143

Silver Member
Tractor
2013 John Deere 3320 Cab
Thanks to JB4310 here on TBN for the idea......

I welded a receiver tube to my Imatch quick hitch instead of buying deers attachment and bushings for around $240 ( 3-point hitch tractor receiver hitch )...I have a whole $25 in the receiver tube and paint and it works great...:thumbsup:

Attachments

• recievertube.jpg
    recievertube.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 1,523
   / Imatch Quick Hitch mod with pics #2  

I welded a receiver tube to my Imatch quick hitch instead of buying deers attachment and bushings for around $240 ( 3-point hitch tractor receiver hitch )...I have a whole $25 in the receiver tube and paint and it works great...:thumbsup:

Good plan! Better than what I did 10 years ago... I welded some metal to fit in the I-match that had a the receiver tube in it. Way more complicated than what you did. I think I'll scrap mine and do one like yours. Good idea!

Wayne

/ Imatch Quick Hitch mod with pics #3  
It doesn't get any simpler than that.

I also have the bigger adaptor, but probably wont use it much anymore.

This is great for light to medium trailer loads, I think for real heavy loads the 3 pt adaptor type would be better suited because it is transferring the pulling load more to the lower arms. with the hitch up high on the top beam the pull load is more on the top link, which is not as strong as the lower arms.

Also I would not attach a chain to an insert in that upper receiver and jerk hard on something, for the same reason of to much shock to the top link.
But for trailer towing/ moving around the yard I think it's perfect and quick, no need to install the adaptor. I think we'll see more of it.

Did you see this contraption? Goes good with a receiver tube.

JB.

Attachments

• DSC04375.jpg
    DSC04375.jpg
    737.7 KB · Views: 1,221
  • DSC04452.jpg
    DSC04452.jpg
    765.8 KB · Views: 925
   / Imatch Quick Hitch mod with pics #4  
Does your hitch mod allow you to hook up PTO driven implements or would it be in the way of the shaft?

/ Imatch Quick Hitch mod with pics #6  
mcgill72143 said:

Can you use PTO driven attachments with this mod? I would really like to add a receiver hitch like this but I'm not sure I can.

/ Imatch Quick Hitch mod with pics #7  
After hooking up my box blade and then taking it off cause I can't get my JD 1026 in my garage with the loader and box blade on I think I might invest in a I-Match quick hitch. One problem though I got a trac vac 880 that I need to connect to the draw bar, how could I rig up something to go across the I-Match so I wouldn't have to take it off to hook up the drawbar?

/ Imatch Quick Hitch mod with pics #8  
After hooking up my box blade and then taking it off cause I can't get my JD 1026 in my garage with the loader and box blade on I think I might invest in a I-Match quick hitch. One problem though I got a trac vac 880 that I need to connect to the draw bar, how could I rig up something to go across the I-Match so I wouldn't have to take it off to hook up the drawbar?

If you rasie the 3pt all the way up you should have plenty of clearance to use the drawbar. Bottom hooks on the I-Match aren't any lower than the lower arms.

/ Imatch Quick Hitch mod with pics #9  
Isn't the imatch connected to the draw bar?

/ Imatch Quick Hitch mod with pics #10  
The I-Match is John Deere's name/version of the 3pt quick hitch, same as the Speeco sold by Tractor Supply. It attaches to the 3pt lift arms and the top link. Look at picture in post #3 with the trailer connected, it shows it very well and you can see his drawbar there with a clevis in it.