Greasing 2320 driveshaft

/ Greasing 2320 driveshaft #21  
i get really angry every time I pull my mower deck! During summer I maybe pull the mower out bi-weekly or so to clean, sharpen and lube. And every time I lube the u-joints on the mower deck drive shaft I think about the engine to tranny shaft that is the same size that I can't get at. And I think about how after about 500 hours on the mower the driveshaft u-joints seem tight and new. Meanwhile the main tractor driveshaft that I neglected for lack of access had u-joint failure at 700 hours. If only I coulda lubed that thing I woulnd't have had to spend all those joyful hours in a heat wave repairing that driveshaft. So now at 750 hours am wishing I could lube it. My 2210 seems different from others, I am sure I've seen a post where someone removed the "service plug" on the left console and was able to see the ujoint? I open that plug and I see the driveshaft, but not the ujoint. I am thinking this is the weekend to remove the console cover and devise a way to create access with a larger service port or something! anything! Meanwhile I cannot even see the rear ujoint from ANY angle on this machine!!! A strategic hole may appear in the rear platform area!!
Which tractor do you have now?

/ Greasing 2320 driveshaft #22  
Hi megotatractor,
I have a 2320 and have discovered that loosening the right side of the upper and lower dash panel I can pull those parts away from the tractor far enough to get to an inspection plate. After removing the plate I can asses the U joint and grease it. There are some wonderful pictures showing what I just said on this web site. I am sure if you search for them you will find them. They are extremely useful.

/ Greasing 2320 driveshaft #23  
Thanks for all the help on how to lube the 2320 driveshaft u-joints! Rear went pretty easy, put a 17MM socket and ratchet on the engine crank and slowly turned it over with my right hand while watching from underneath to get the zerk just in the right spot. Front was another matter, pulling the dash apart is not my idea of easy to service and am considering cutting the plastic to make it easier to get to the access plate. Has anyone found a cover that would fit this area?

/ Greasing 2320 driveshaft #24  
Thanks for all the help on how to lube the 2320 driveshaft u-joints! Rear went pretty easy, put a 17MM socket and ratchet on the engine crank and slowly turned it over with my right hand while watching from underneath to get the zerk just in the right spot. Front was another matter, pulling the dash apart is not my idea of easy to service and am considering cutting the plastic to make it easier to get to the access plate. Has anyone found a cover that would fit this area?
I contemplated using the access cover that is covered by the lower dash panel. Remove it from the original location and remount the cover on the outer most panel obviously a new hole would have to be cut. Does that makes sense to anyone else other than me?

/ Greasing 2320 driveshaft #25  
I contemplated using the access cover that is covered by the lower dash panel. Remove it from the original location and remount the cover on the outer most panel obviously a new hole would have to be cut. Does that makes sense to anyone else other than me?

Makes sense to me. I just made a cover for the hole I cut out of some black plastic I found in the barn.

/ Greasing 2320 driveshaft #26  
I just recently saw the driveshaft joints and wondered how in the world I was gonna get them lubed since the owner's manual doesn't really tell a guy how to access them. Thanks to the info here I got them done in about an hour though I still have to get the plastic bolted back yet. Tomorrow's job. Thanks to all who provided info and pics!