JD 5093 with JD 457 baler

/ JD 5093 with JD 457 baler #1  

gcatz

Tractor
JD 5093
I have a JD 5093. I also use a JD 457 baler to bale with. I am having problems getting my net wrap cut. I think it has something to do with the voltage but nobody can figure it out. If I hook my cables directly to the battery it will run it ok, but if I go through the cables it doesn't work. Any ideas?

/ JD 5093 with JD 457 baler #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ JD 5093 with JD 457 baler #3  
Hello & WELCOME to TractorByNet.com! :)

I have moved your thread to the John Deere Owning/Operating Forum. You'll get a better response there. ;)

/ JD 5093 with JD 457 baler #4  
I offered a comment or two regarding your baler circuit problem - but, it appears when Bri moved it to this forum - she dropped them.

Nonetheless, what does your voltmeter tell you? I'm assuming (you know what they say about that...) that you checked the rear connector on the tractor? And you checked the baler plug?

If you're not getting full voltage at the outlet maybe you've got some worn/thin insulation along the circuit?

AKfish

/ JD 5093 with JD 457 baler #5  
My reply got dropped in the move also. For Netwrap/twine arms to operate correctly the baler needs to receive 12+ volts. I've seen & experienced on my own baler a loss of voltage in the convenience outlet that comes on JD SGB/cab tractors. I had to route mine direct to battery with a circuit breaker for mine to work correctly. I'm familiar with most JD rd except the smaller 4X5/4X4 balers. Does your monitor have channels on it similar to the 467? If so pull up channel 15 and it will give you a tractor voltage reading.

Another good thing to check on Netwrap malfunctions is the rubber feed roller brake clearance and amt of wear.

/ JD 5093 with JD 457 baler
That's what I ended up doing today. I wired it direct and didn't have one problem. I have heard that a lot of JD owners have had this problem. Thanks for your help. We had loss of voltage evertime we wired it the way it was suppose to be.

/ JD 5093 with JD 457 baler #7  
Glad you got it operating correctly. Netwrap material is too expensive to have many mistakes. When the Netwrap attachment works correctly it's fast and wonderful but when they malfunction it's terrible.

/ JD 5093 with JD 457 baler
You are exactly right! Thanks Again!

/ JD 5093 with JD 457 baler #9  
I offered a comment or two regarding your baler circuit problem - but, it appears when Bri moved it to this forum - she dropped them.

Hi Akfish, I'm not sure what happened to your comments. I did not delete them, but I'm sorry they were not posted somehow.

/ JD 5093 with JD 457 baler #10  
Hi Akfish, I'm not sure what happened to your comments. I did not delete them, but I'm sorry they were not posted somehow.

No big thing.. really!

It's a very good situation that you're on the lookout for posts that should be moved to help generate better responses and better information for all readers.

Thanks for your help.

AKfish