JD 2305 Tranny Leak

/ JD 2305 Tranny Leak #1  

287IN10thMTN

Tractor
2007 John Deere 2305
I have a 2305 that just hit 100 hours. Bought used last year and dealer did complete service at 63 hours (all new filters, etc). Today when mowing my 2 acres, I noticed an oil leak on my NEW driveway. I took of the mower and noticed oil dripping off the hydro filter and square head bolt/plug directly behind the filter. The leak stopped when the machine was turned off. The filter did not appear to be loose (was hand tight). It also looks as if the square head bolt/plug is secure, but I will double-check tomorrow when I figure out what type of wrench I can use. Now it appears if i see more rubber showing at the edge of the filter at the bottom (appears wet) and the top of the filter is dry. I believe the rubber is the gasket for the filter. Not much more showing, but definitely more at the bottom. It was hot out today and I am wondering if the machine was overheating and the tranny fan wasn't keeping up. Doesn't make sense, all I was doing is mowing my lawn. I expect a little more from a $10,000 piece of equipment that isn't even being tested to its true capabilities. I am a little annoyed to say the least! Anyone have any suggestions or had the same problem(s). 40 hours seems like not that much use for replacing the filter...

/ JD 2305 Tranny Leak
hopefully found the problem. the square head plug was loose. no tool marks on it so it was still i factory setting. ran the machine for 1/2 hour to see if the leak was still present and so far so good!