Hazard Lights on JD 2305

/ Hazard Lights on JD 2305 #1  

gap

Tractor
2010 John Deere 2305
Hi Guys,

I have a small problem that maybe someone has solved with a mod on my 2305.

I keep on hitting my hazard lights that are mounted on the side of my ROPS with branches, tree's and even our swing set chains. I am trying to find out if there is another option for them. I also have a Back Hoe so I do not want to mount them on the inside of the ROPS.

Hope someone had the same problem but found a solution.

GAP

/ Hazard Lights on JD 2305 #2  
Yes its a problem. Two options, remove them and install them inside the ROPS like I did, or you can buy a metal cage from JD. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 2009_05240088.jpg
    2009_05240088.jpg
    500.7 KB · Views: 731
   / Hazard Lights on JD 2305 #3  
I'll give another vote in favor of moving the lights to the inside of the ROPS.
I've never had to worry about them getting hit. I'll also mount the auxillary lights I'm planning to install on the inside.

GGB

/ Hazard Lights on JD 2305 #4  
Another vote for mounting on the inside.

Attachments

• reversed hazard lights.jpg
    reversed hazard lights.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 683
   / Hazard Lights on JD 2305
I think it is the easiest to simply move them to the inside of the ROPS but my issue is that I use the Back Hoe quite a bit and I think the hazards on the inside will impede my space too much.

Is there such thing as a low profile hazard?

Thanks for your replies!

/ Hazard Lights on JD 2305 #6  
Great question. We have lots of trees too so I got the guards for the flashers with the tractor. I eventually whacked a tree and bent a guard pretty good, though luckily saved the light from damage.

Not wanting to have to worry about them every mowing, I moved them to the inside but I also ended up moving them up 4" because every time I went to back up, I'd swing my arm around and nail my elbow on the guard.

Then, I added the 260 backhoe and thought I was going to have to move the lights back out but found that I was able to fit between them just fine, even at 220 lbs and 6'.

As you can see, I had also relocated the worklights to the top/bottom of the ROPS. I couldn't stand the way the darn things glared in my eyes when turning my head to back up. It worked great!

I hope to see your solution when finished.

Attachments

• 2305 seat to hoe.jpg
    2305 seat to hoe.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 804
   / Hazard Lights on JD 2305 #7  
I bought the brush guards for mine. I'm glad I did because I sometimes walk into them. I am sure I would have had them busted off by now without the guards on. Plus, when I am going down the road they are visible for and aft.

/ Hazard Lights on JD 2305 #8  
1025r hazzard 1.jpg This is what I just did with my 1025r after breaking the original mount plastic inserts on both sides. I installed saloon door hinges using the other inserts on the lights1025r hazzard 2.jpg1025r hazzard 3.jpg1025r hazzard.jpg.Hopefully this will work for a while.