2305 diode replacement for hazard and directional lights

/ 2305 diode replacement for hazard and directional lights #1  

chipsndust

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 1025R, Curtis cab
There have been several posts concerning the failed diode which causes the turn signal and hazard lights to quit working.

Since it recently happened to me, I decided to post pictures which may help in replacing the failed diode.

To access the diode, you need to remove screws and raise the instrument panel, remove the throttle handle, remove a cotter pin and disconnect the emergency brake "paddle" and remove screws and pull the cowling back.

The diodes were taped to the outside of the wiring harness. The hazard/directional diode is the "upper" one.

New diode $8.00 from JD.

Pic 1 shows the location of the two 1.5 amp diodes, the failed one was the one highest on the harness

Pic 2 shows the throttle handle removed, emergency brake handle disconnected from linkage, the cowl pulled back, and the location of the failed diode

Pic 3 shows a close up of the location of the failed diode

Attachments

• two 1.5a diodes.JPG
    two 1.5a diodes.JPG
    154.6 KB · Views: 7,964
  • directional hazard diode.JPG
    directional hazard diode.JPG
    182.6 KB · Views: 9,543
  • failed diode, taped to harness.JPG
    failed diode, taped to harness.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 5,867
   / 2305 diode replacement for hazard and directional lights #2  
Great how to. Thanks

/ 2305 diode replacement for hazard and directional lights #3  
thanks so much, wish I had known BEFORE the $80.00 flasher... still beats $300.00 shop bill plus transporting the tractor.

/ 2305 diode replacement for hazard and directional lights #4  
Yeah, amazing how one small thread info can help so much. Again, tx Chipsndust.

/ 2305 diode replacement for hazard and directional lights #5  
Thanks good to know

/ 2305 diode replacement for hazard and directional lights #6  
Good info!

I have a 2305 and have not had that problem - "YET" - but give it time.

I had to put thread blocker on the throttle lever to keep it from vibrating apart. I put a stick through the dam plastic fan that does not change out without taking half the tractor apart, and now have a minor tranny drip - probably from sitcks underneath while brushing trails.

John Deere shut down the local dealer in Rolla so now it is 1 hour transport time one-way to take it to another JD dealer.

SC

/ 2305 diode replacement for hazard and directional lights
I put a stick through the dam plastic fan that does not change out without taking half the tractor apart, and now have a minor tranny drip - probably from sitcks underneath while brushing trails.SC

scollins:

The fan on the 2210/2305 can be replaced by disassembling the driveshaft front universal (remove parts 13, 16, and 17). I took this diagram and a copy of a thread that someone posted on TBN (can't find it now) to my dealer and they were able to replace the fan by this approach.

Attachments

• 2305 driveshaft.gif
    2305 driveshaft.gif
    25.8 KB · Views: 3,096
   / 2305 diode replacement for hazard and directional lights #8  
Thanks much for your post. Our local dealer network is incompetent in many ways, and without your post I would have been faced with a 3 hour shop bill. Many many thanks. Any Idea what bulb replaces the JD part AR48015 for the 2305's tail light? I've driven back and forth to my dealer to the tune of 200 miles, and even after pointing to it on the fische, and giving them the used bulb they still can't get it right. I'd sooner buy in an auto parts store for sure.

/ 2305 diode replacement for hazard and directional lights #9  
chipsndust,

Curious how you came up with a diode problem. When I look at the wiring diagram, it doesn't show a diode in the circuit. I ordered a diode from JD p# LVU801851 as you suggested. Is this the same part # you are talking about? It's nothing like what I pulled off the connector on my tractor. The upper diode off my tractor is a 3 amp and the one JD sold me is i.5 amp and I'm curious what part you used and if the diode is the fix?

Bill

/ 2305 diode replacement for hazard and directional lights #10  
Go all the way to the beginning of this thread... Both diodes should be 1.5, someone was there before you? Be careful, there are several in the harness, pay attention to the pictures. My flashers weren't fixed by my dealers recommended $85.00 flasher... diode did fix the flashers not flashing. BEtween the dealer selling me the flasher and SEVERLY hosing me when I fell victim to the 2305 exploding transmission case due to faulty PTO design, I am the proud owner of a KUBOTA, I would recommend to anyone who owns a 2305 to get away from it as soon as you can, they are prone to many faults.