72D AutoConnect on 2000 Series?

/ 72D AutoConnect on 2000 Series? #1  

larry8818

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 2520
Hi Guys.

I have a 2520 with 72"mmm and love it:cool2:
I just saw some video's on the new 1 Series and see that they offer a 60D AutoConnect deck for it.:thumbsup:
I know the 72D AutoConnect deck has been released for the 3000 series for over a year now.:drool:

2520/2720 with a 72"mmm can cut some serious grass. I can have the 72"mmm deck off in under 5 minutes. At 35 years old, I can wrestle this deck aound at 448lbs...I don't think I'll be having the same ambition at 45 or 50+.

Anyone know why us 2000 series owners are being neglected?
I know they have a drive over mower deck for the 2000 series, but why are they not making the AutoConnect feature for this series tractor?
Did John Deere abandon the R&D on this series and say that the drive over deck is good enough for these owners?
What gives John Deere....does anyone know?:confused:

/ 72D AutoConnect on 2000 Series? #2  
Everything has it's turn, and I expect you will see the auto connect on the 2000 series the next time they upgrade that series.

/ 72D AutoConnect on 2000 Series? #3  
I don't think I'll be having the same ambition at 45 or 50+.

Oh,you might be surprised at what you can still do at that (58) age.;):)

Greg

/ 72D AutoConnect on 2000 Series? #4  
i think you'll be good until about 55

/ 72D AutoConnect on 2000 Series? #5  
Yeah, I agree in the next refresh the 2000 series with get AutoConnect. Will also get a real suspension seat too I bet.

/ 72D AutoConnect on 2000 Series? #6  
Yeah, I agree in the next refresh the 2000 series with get AutoConnect. Will also get a real suspension seat too I bet.

I think you may be correct, at least I sure hope so. I would like to move up from the 2305 but I wanted to do it last year. This year would be good also but I guess I will have to wait for another year or more. That auto-connect deck is just my ticket.

/ 72D AutoConnect on 2000 Series? #7  
Auto-connect ???? :eek::eek: I can't believe what pansies some of you guys are !

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go mow my lawn in my air conditioned cab with cruise control ! ;);)

/ 72D AutoConnect on 2000 Series? #8  
Ductape said:
Auto-connect ???? :eek::eek: I can't believe what pansies some of you guys are !

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go mow my lawn in my air conditioned cab with cruise control ! ;);)

Priceless.

/ 72D AutoConnect on 2000 Series? #9  
I've taken a look at the autoconnect under a 3720 and it's a lot of hardware that takes up a lot of real estate under there. I really don't think it would fit under the 2520. Might never see it on 2000 series.

/ 72D AutoConnect on 2000 Series? #10  
Seems like if it's available for the new 1 series, there shouldn't be any reason that it can't be available for a 2000 series machine. I just upgraded to a 2520 from a 2305 and I would gladly have paid extra for auto connect for the 62d. The older I get, the less time and effort I am wanting to spend on tasks like dropping and reattaching implements.