Air ride seat

/ Air ride seat #1  

tomd999

Platinum Member
Tractor
'10 3320 cab
Hiya,

Anyone have the optional air ride seat in a cab tractor?
Is it taller than the standard seat setup?
Worth the $600 they want for it?

Tom

/ Air ride seat #2  
I've got one in my cab, 5075. Only have about 20 hours on it, now. It's not really any higher than my OS tractor seats - IMO.

There's 7 different adjustment knobs-levers on the thing! (I don't have it figured out, really - I just use it!)

It is considerably more comfortable and ergonomic than my other tractor seats.

Gettin' older and startin' to look for those little things that make a days work baling hay or plowing snow JUST a bit more comfortable....

It was worth the extra $$ in my book.

AKfish

/ Air ride seat #3  
i do mostly feild mowing and i like the air seat for that - also, i feel it gives lots of options for adjusting to fit one's body type.

/ Air ride seat #5  
I paid the extra $s for one on my 4520. Only one knob/button to inflate. Had reservations on order, but now can't imagine life without it. Don't know if it's taller than the standard seat or not.

Pete

/ Air ride seat #6  
Mine does the same . Took it out and looking at it . It is made by Sears. Hunk of junk. That is a 2011 5083E

/ Air ride seat #7  
I/ we just had a discussion concerning Kubota large frame tractors, in my case an M9 and the availability/adaptability of an air ride seat. I have one in my M9.

I really like the OEM Grammar seat, it's comfortable, very adjustable, has adjustable arm rests, velour upholstery, overall a plus 10 seat. problem is, it's spring suspension and I'm old and I don't like rough in the field.

I installed an air ride seat base from K&M manufacturing, K & M Manufacturing

It's a self contained seat base that bolts right up. You need a hot and ground wire (no problem on a Kubota, there is a pigtail in the cab next to the seat).

It's substantially less than a whole new air ride seat. One button adjustment plus I have the swivel base so I can swivel to look out the side when I'm running an implement that's beside the tractor, like a small square bailer.

Hope that helps......

/ Air ride seat #8  
I ordered my air ride from the dealer and they are up grading it soon; Sounds like it is just the 4 bolt platform and the plug in, the seat stays the same.

/ Air ride seat #9  
Can't imagine not having the air ride seat. I have the 5105M MFWD with FEL and the ride is a lot rougher than my old IH 544. The rough ride was the first thing my Dad noticed. The air ride seat takes all the punishment and leaves the operator quite comfortable. Haven't figured out what all the different adjustments are for but it was great as delivered.

I would HIGHLY recommend to anyone that is considering buying the "E" series John Deere that they order it with the air ride seat. If you don't think it is worth the extra money you need to take one out to the field (not the dealers lot) for a test drive. The air ride seat will sell its self.

/ Air ride seat #10  
Mine does the same . Took it out and looking at it . It is made by Sears. Hunk of junk. That is a 2011 5083E

When did Sears start manufacturing ANYTHING? They have their name on more stuff than you can put in a wharehouse, but never knew anything that they MADE. Most of the stuff they put their name on they just find a manufacturer to build it and build it cheap so Sears can make more money off it. Since Sears is owned by Kmart, (I guess they still are...) does that mean Kmart takes some of the bashing? What about their biggest competitor, walmart? Do they make anything or just buy it cheap?

As far as the O/P was interested, if spending huge sums of money on an air ride seat is just beyond your finances (or just beyond your good sense, lol?), there are and have been air ride in tactor trailers for years and years. Find a used one and redo the upholstery and mount it in your tractor (great retrofit). The biggest problem might be where to find an air supply to replace the air it uses as it bounces up and down. 12v compressors are fine for this, but you might need to find one that uses pressure limit switches to turn it off and on, plus a small reserve tank to keep it from turning on and off on every bump.
David from jax

David from jax