John Deere 850

/ John Deere 850 #1  

mnhwb

Tractor
John Deere 850
This evening mowing my field I accidentally ran over a old rope with my bush hog. The rope tangled around the blade shaft, rapidly slowing it down. I was able to disengage the pto and free the rope. But after I stopped and turned the tractor off it will not turn back on. I have never had any starting trouble it before and can not see why it won't start now. I check all the electrical connections and they seem fine. I would appreciate any advice out there. Thank You.

/ John Deere 850 #2  
I would double check the PTO control.

/ John Deere 850 #3  
Funny, I just joined here to read up on a similar tractor. This sounds very odd, can't see why it would not start. Are you going thru your usual starting routine?
In neutral or clutch in, set throttle to start, PTO disengaged, etc?

I've wound everything imaginable up in my brush hog, but never run across a problem like this.

/ John Deere 850
Found the problem, the pto safety switch went bad after the sudden jolt of the pto stopping. Anyone know of any online resources for jd parts? Thank you for the help.

/ John Deere 850 #5  
where do you live? It will be quicker to get it from the local dealer. Order it tomorrow, you will have it Tuesday if it is not in stock.

Wayne

/ John Deere 850 #6