Are you Tier II or Tier III or ITIV or really Tier IV??

/ Are you Tier II or Tier III or ITIV or really Tier IV?? #1  

AKfish

Tractor
JD 5115M; JD 110 TLB; JD 4720; Ford 9N; JD X300R
And how do you find out...? I have a 2011 JD 5075M and I'd like to find out what Tier classification my tractor falls into.

This is very important... my tractor is young - but I want her to go to a good school and I should know what group of kids she's playing with and the best food she should have! :rolleyes:

Really looking for information that's not in Owner's manual or the Maintainence manual.

Thanks in advance.

AKfish

/ Are you Tier II or Tier III or ITIV or really Tier IV?? #2  
There "should be" a sticker on ther tractor engine somewhere, that shows what design standard was built to.

/ Are you Tier II or Tier III or ITIV or really Tier IV?? #3  
Always enjoy your posts Fish! Glad to see your interested in that girl's welfare.

/ Are you Tier II or Tier III or ITIV or really Tier IV??
There "should be" a sticker on ther tractor engine somewhere, that shows what design standard was built to.

When I wrote down all the serial numbers into my owner's manual - for the engine, the front diff, the transmission, the cab, the loader, etc.; there was no reference to the EPA classification for the engine on the stamped label.

And the Owner's manual is very generic - just a reference to the EPA standard's and the EU standards - no specific classification for the particular engine model.

AKfish

/ Are you Tier II or Tier III or ITIV or really Tier IV?? #5  
And how do you find out...?
Emissions "tier" is determined by model year, engine type, engine horsepower, engine application. Click here

//greg//

/ Are you Tier II or Tier III or ITIV or really Tier IV?? #6  
Says here that the 5075M is tier II

/ Are you Tier II or Tier III or ITIV or really Tier IV?? #7  
Your tractor is interim tier 4... if you are model year2011.

Attachments

• carb cert.pdf
    39.7 KB · Views: 403
   / Are you Tier II or Tier III or ITIV or really Tier IV?? #8  
It sounds like the larger engines are subject to the more stringent requirements earlier in the regulatory cycle. The smaller engines haven't been regulated quite as hard (yet).

The 2007 tier II 5075M engine also meets the interim tier IV requirements if I read this correctly. The good news is your 5075M meets spec without EGR, exhaust filter, etc.

[...]
For engines under 56 kW (75 hp), the John Deere PowerTech M and PowerTech E 2.4L engines already meet Interim Tier 4 and Stage III A emissions requirements and have been in production since 2007. PowerTech M 2.4L engines feature 2-valve cylinder heads, mechanical unit pump fuel systems and fixed-geometry turbochargers. PowerTech E 2.4L engines feature similar 2-valve cylinder heads and fixed-geometry turbochargers, but add full-authority electronic engine controls, electronic unit pump fuel systems and air-to-air-aftercooling. Neither requires the use of an exhaust filter.

/ Are you Tier II or Tier III or ITIV or really Tier IV?? #9  
Mostly my deeres are Tier 2 & 3. Strange how my 5085M is Tier 3 and she blows a lot of black smoke when changing gears. Even i see some greyish white smoke when idling. Oh well I love black smoke. It makes her feel manly :cool:

/ Are you Tier II or Tier III or ITIV or really Tier IV?? #10  
Anyone tell me what Tier my 2006 6415 is? Just wondering;)