JD 5065e vs JD 5075e

/ JD 5065e vs JD 5075e #1  

JD BUCK

Guys- I'm new to the forum, excited to have found a resource like this!

Not sure if you can help but after reading JD's website regarding these 2 tractors they are listed with the same engine and the exact same weight?? Not sure how this can be accurate, if so where does the 10hp come from? I'm also seeing them in the exact same price range used on fastline... Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for the help.

/ JD 5065e vs JD 5075e #2  
Welcome to TBN, Buck. Yup... they're identical - or nearly so. Little bit of turbo and injector pump and injector tweaking - presto - there's another 10hp for ya!

'Course you'll have to pay more money for those ponies, too!

AKfish

/ JD 5065e vs JD 5075e
Thanks AK! I really don't need the 75hp but I figured If they are the same weight and similar in price (used) I might as well get the 5075...

Do you think the way they tweaked the engine it will be less reliable than the 5065e?

/ JD 5065e vs JD 5075e #4  
Thanks AK! I really don't need the 75hp but I figured If they are the same weight and similar in price (used) I might as well get the 5075...

Do you think the way they tweaked the engine it will be less reliable than the 5065e?

Nope! John Deere has been using the 3cyl - 179 cu. in. engine for decades! Probably 40 years or so. Very, very reliable powerplant.

I haven't researched the actual part numbers for the turbochargers, injection pumps and injectors but with similar applications in other engine models; i.e. 4024T (4000 series tractors) the difference in Hp as you move up the line is achieved with different components - not really "tweaking" per se.

I'd venture that Deere has done the same with the 179 cu. in. engine as well.

AKfish

/ JD 5065e vs JD 5075e #5  
10 hp is nothing to that engine. You could twist it up to 100 and probably not hurt it, in most cases. if they are the same money, I would go with the 75 hp.
If these have a common rail fuel injection system, you can put a programmer on them if you want to, and boost the power if you needed. Diesel engines are very easy to turn up if they computerized Fuel Injection.
Most tractor companies make three to 4 models of tractors that are all indentical except for the hp. Some people just buy the lowest HP of a series and then turn them up the highest hp of the series. The trans and rear axle are easily tough enough for that.

However, if they are both the same price, there is no need to fool with that.

/ JD 5065e vs JD 5075e #6  
10 hp is nothing to that engine. You could twist it up to 100 and probably not hurt it, in most cases. if they are the same money, I would go with the 75 hp.
If these have a common rail fuel injection system, you can put a programmer on them if you want to, and boost the power if you needed. Diesel engines are very easy to turn up if they computerized Fuel Injection.
Most tractor companies make three to 4 models of tractors that are all indentical except for the hp. Some people just buy the lowest HP of a series and then turn them up the highest hp of the series. The trans and rear axle are easily tough enough for that.

However, if they are both the same price, there is no need to fool with that.

Yep... can be done! Wait until after the warranty period is over, though.

AKfish