• 239980-JD Paint 2 - 60.JPG
    239980-JD Paint 2 - 60.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 1,058
   / John Deere green color match #13  
As I recall the prices were about:

Gallon - $20.

Quart - $7.

/ John Deere green color match #14  
Pretty much any implement paint you find at TSC or a hardware store is going to be an alkyld (sp?) enamel. This paint will look OK for a while but will fade and chalk if left out in the weather for any length of time. If you can get the paint in an acrylic enamel it will hold up much better, although the price of the paint will be quite a bit higher. This might explain at least part of the price difference between the paint you get at the dealer versus the stuff at the local hardware store. Hope this helps.

/ John Deere green color match #15  
<font color="blue">"...If you can get the paint in an acrylic enamel it will hold up much better, although the price of the paint will be quite a bit higher. This might explain at least part of the price difference between the paint you get at the dealer versus the stuff at the local hardware store..."</font>

Exactly why I recommend sticking with the tried and true original John Deere paint that can be purchased at your local dealer or online. I was also told by someone once that the JD paint has a pigmentation much denser than look-a-like paints one can buy in the hardware store. If properly wire brushed and primed and then painted with several coats of JD paint, that carryall should hold its paint job during most climate conditions for a very, very long time without re-painting.

Do wait a few days, order that JD paint online or go to a JD dealer, and I think you'll be happier in the long run for sticking with the original. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

....Bob

/ John Deere green color match
Ok,

You guys have convinced me I'll go to the dealer and get some of the paint. Thanks to everyone. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ John Deere green color match #17  
I agree....I still can't get the paint off my finger nails and its been 2 years. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ John Deere green color match #18  
I just hope this posts lets everyone know that
"Green paint ain't that expensive afterall !!!"
hahaha

Kyle

/ John Deere green color match #19  
tdenny, I have another idea for you. I built a set of loader forks last year. I bought a quart of enamel (Ace brand) in JD green. Perfect match and it has held up very well. $8 for paint and another $3 for thinner.

/ John Deere green color match
jyoutz,

Cheaper is good. Any idea what the ratio you thinned the paint at?