John Deere green color match

/ John Deere green color match #21  
No I don't. But I didn't thin it much, just enough to produce a good spray pattern with my gun. I always start out with minimal thinning and see how it sprays, then continue to thin until the spray pattern works good. Don't thin too much though or it will be weak and runny.

/ John Deere green color match #22  
If you're going to apply paint with a brush, don't thin it at all.

/ John Deere green color match #23  
Rancar,
Just curious. How do you know that the paint sold at Valu-bilt (formerly Central Tractor) is identical to that sold by the JD dealer? The cans of dealer paint I looked at do not indicate a manufacturer, only that it was "manufactured for John Deere Corporation". The labling for tractor paint at Valu-bilt that you reference is listed as "Tractor Paint JD Green " they also have all other makes and colors with the same labling.

Bill

/ John Deere green color match #24  
<font color="blue">"...How do you know that the paint sold at Valu-bilt is identical to that sold by the JD dealer?...</font>

Very good question Bill.....simple answer though is I don't know for sure based on the information on their web page. Only indications I have that they are one and the same is Valu-Bilt, formerly known as Central Tractor, is known for providing value and quality product to the agricultural community. The other indication is the price. Prices are comparable with what one would pay at the dealer than at the local hardware store. If in doubt, you may want to call customer service and seek confirmation. If further in doubt, then don't buy online and just get the paint from the local dealer if one is nearby.

...Bob

/ John Deere green color match #25  
Bob,
I edited my post about the same time you responded. I guess the problem is that there are only a limited number of true paint manufacturers and they lable for various firms based on constantly changing contracts and seldomly indicate the manufacturer. Kind of like the same problem with tires and batteries.

Bill

/ John Deere green color match #26  
<font color="blue">"...there are only a limited number of true paint manufacturers and they lable for various firms based on constantly changing contracts and seldomly indicate the manufacturer."</font>

This is a very good point that you're making Bill. Just like Whirlpool often wins the production contracts for the Sears Kenmore line of appliance products, John Deere has specifications for their paint products. When they contract with manufacturers, the manufacturers produce a product based on JD specs. JD also contracts with other supplier outlets permitting them to sell bona fide JD product provided all specs are adhered to....even though labels may look different. That's why it pays to do one's homework and to question products, prices, quality parameters, etc. when something doesn't seem just right.

I have a principle I often follow. It is this.....When your gut and instinct tell you something just doesn't sound right or isn't all that it's hyped to be, then it's likely not. Do further research then, ask more questions, or go elsewhere where you can be assured you're getting the product you're paying for.

....Bob

/ John Deere green color match
I just saw some John Deere tractor and implement enamel in the hardware store. I don't know for sure if John Deere is involved with the company that makes that paint but I know that it is very simple to match colors with today's computers.