John Deere green color match

/ John Deere green color match #1  

tdenny

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 855 4WD, HST
Hi,

I have searched and found nothing so I'll throw this question out here for the JD masses. I am building a carry-all for my tractor and would like to paint the metal parts of it to match my tractor. I don't live close to a JD dealer so I'm wondering if anyone knows of a very close match to their green paint. Normally I don't much care about the color of attachments but since I'm building this one myself I thought I might as go the whole nine yards. Thanks for any help here.

/ John Deere green color match #2  
You might try an automotive paint shop. They should be able to match any color out there. I know they mix paint by code numbers but maybe they've done the JD green before.

/ John Deere green color match #3  
My local True Value Hardware carries a KRYLON (Sherwin-Williams) brand "Farm & Implement" paint in both JD Green (JD Green is code 1817)and yellow (code 1816) that is a match and substantially less expensive than the "real thing" from the JD dealer. Should be available from any KRYLON dealer more info at www.krylon.com.. I have used this paint on my TSC red Quick Hitch to make it match the tractor and other JD implements.

Bill

/ John Deere green color match #4  
TSC should have matching paint in spray bombs or cans. Your John Deere dealer will definitely have some /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ John Deere green color match
Thaks for all the replies. I will check into the Krylon at my local store. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ John Deere green color match
thanks - looks good - but impatient as I am I can't wait for the shipping I'll have to stop off at the local hardware store.

/ John Deere green color match #8  
If you cannot find it locally,order on line.I have bought it by the gallons (2)and the quarts through my John Deere dealer. I too painted a carry all and an old hay teddar that was given to me.You pay a little more at the JD dealers,but it is nice paint.

/ John Deere green color match #9  
I have a question - I used TSC JD Green on a Carryall - Used a 2 1/2" brush - The paint would rub off when I went to mount the lumber on the carrryall -

Used a De-Glosser to remove the gloss from the new carryall.
The first coat I used was Rust-Oleum Rusty Metal Primer
Used 1 coat of the TSC paint
Allowed a couple days to cure - 70 degrees or better
Later I was told to use a hardener.

/ John Deere green color match #10  
Our local hardware stor ( truevalue hardware ) sells many brands of paints.. some are Suntec.

I see many paints with their names/ colors on them.. then lower in parenthesis.. what it matches.. like (cat yellow ) , etc.

Also, Tractor supply company carries a brand of paint.. can't for the life of me remembe rthe name.. but they make matches for all the popular tractor colors.. ford red, case red, jd green/yellow... etc..

Soundguy