need quick reply please

/ need quick reply please #1  

TNTractor1

Silver Member
Tractor
2011 JD2520
So, I just got out my 62D manual to follow the instructions for removing the mowing deck (my first time). The first 2 steps were so simple and then I got to this: "disconnect the drive shaft" ... that's it, no further explanation on the proper way to do this. So I am stuck. I searched these forums on how to disconnect, with no answer. Any help is appreciated. I assume it is disconnected at the upper part near the tractor and not near the deck end because it would drag the ground? I have no clue at this point. Thanks!

/ need quick reply please #2  
I had a 62C mmm deck and the shaft had a collar that you needed to pull on to unlock from the spline out of the transmission and keep tugging to slip off. Yours is likely the same.

/ need quick reply please
Thanks! That was it... and it was SO easy... why would Deere not mention that in the manual? I guess they assume everyone knows this already? Worked like a charm, thanks again. Now I am off to help a neighbor dig a small Koi pond!

/ need quick reply please #4  
Easy to get off, not as easy to get back on, accessibility wise. It's easiest to remove the rear wheel, allows you more access to get in there to put shaft back on.

/ need quick reply please #5  
Easy to get off, not as easy to get back on, accessibility wise. It's easiest to remove the rear wheel, allows you more access to get in there to put shaft back on.

WHAT!!!! You got to be kidding....right?
If you make sure you "cock" the collar when go you reattach it,it just about goes on by itself,and that's a fact.:thumbsup:
And another tip.Make sure to leave the deck on the ground,until you attach the driveshaft.
Raising it and then trying to attach the shaft would be pretty difficult.
Maybe a video would be in order here.:)

Greg

/ need quick reply please
I can't believe how easy that was to remove and to re-install. I had no trouble whatsoever. Thanks for all the help.

/ need quick reply please #7  
WHAT!!!! You got to be kidding....right?
If you make sure you "cock" the collar when go you reattach it,it just about goes on by itself,and that's a fact.:thumbsup:
And another tip.Make sure to leave the deck on the ground,until you attach the driveshaft.
Raising it and then trying to attach the shaft would be pretty difficult.
Maybe a video would be in order here.:)

Greg
Another tip to go long worth this...

Put the PTO selector in the rear position- that will allow the mid PTO stub shaft to turn freely to help line it up if needed.

Take the wheel off:confused::confused2::laughing:

/ need quick reply please #8  
I found that when connecting the drive shaft, raising the deck up but low enough to keep reach into the drive shaft. Decreasing the angle of the drive shaft makes it easier to reconnect with just one hand. Just make sure you don't push on to far and that the collar is locked.

However, removing the wheel, well, that's a bit on the crazy side.