1026R

/ 1026R #1  

bradrich18

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 1026R
Anyone got a 1026r yet? I should have mine in next week. I thought this would be a good choice because I have hilly, uneven terrain to cut. I also have about 150 yards of driveway to maintain. I'm interested to hear feedback on this model. I'm a beginner and I'm sure I'll be using this site quite often. I look forward to learning.

/ 1026R #2  
Yup....bought two of them. Made a big difference on the package price for the tractors, FEL's, MMM's, BB's, rear blowers, pto driven splitters, bush hogs and tillers.

Should have first delivery this weekend.....will let you know how it goes and you as well pls!

/ 1026R #3  
bradrich, I'm sure the 1026 will handle your hills as well as my 2210 has handled the hills on my 3 acres for the past 7 years, very similar tractors. (am currently using the tractor to make the terrain a little less "uneven") Someone just posted their impressions of his first five hours with his 1026 on the buying/pricing forum. there was another post I read somewhere from somone who has operated one for a month or so who complained of rattles from the ROPS and on the trash can lid of a cheap plastic hood. Personally I have had two opportunities now to examine but not operate two different 1023 units; I would say that mechanically it is an improvement over its 2210/2305 predecessors. Would love to get my hands on one soon for a test drive.

/ 1026R
Yeah, I'm impressed how well it handles cutting the hillsides. I'm definitely pleased with it. The ROPS do rattle, but I usually having the mowing deck on and dont pay attention to it.

/ 1026R #5  
I changed my ROPS to a folding femco one on my 2305. Do not know if yours is the same but mine has 2 screws on the front if the ROPS joint you can tighten to get rid of the rattle

/ 1026R #6  
Yeah, I'm impressed how well it handles cutting the hillsides. I'm definitely pleased with it. The ROPS do rattle, but I usually having the mowing deck on and dont pay attention to it.

Sounds like you got her home and playing -er WORKING- with it. Let's see some pictures!
how's the ride, do you have the suspension seat? Is the ride very hot? I'm curious, the air cooled tranny on the older units puts a lot of heat up under the seat, the new oil cooled unit on the 1023/1026 should ride cooler? I'm also curious how the new joystick works the hydraulics, a lot of slop on mine even when it was new.

/ 1026R
I do have the suspension seat and it's awesome. I have the rubber foot mats and I dont have any problems with the heat. As far as the joystick, if I push it to hard forward when I'm mowing it tends to get stuck. I think that may have something to do with all the dust kicked up by the lack of rain. Here's a few pics.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110910_080524.png
    ForumRunner_20110910_080524.png
    380.8 KB · Views: 491
  • ForumRunner_20110910_080629.png
    ForumRunner_20110910_080629.png
    436 KB · Views: 1,585
  • ForumRunner_20110910_080647.png
    ForumRunner_20110910_080647.png
    398.3 KB · Views: 600
   / 1026R #8  
I do have the suspension seat and it's awesome. I have the rubber foot mats and I dont have any problems with the heat. As far as the joystick, if I push it to hard forward when I'm mowing it tends to get stuck. I think that may have something to do with all the dust kicked up by the lack of rain. Here's a few pics.

the joystick "getting stuck" may be the "float" position ???? My scv lever has that feature which allows the loader or front attachments to "float", just push the lever forward till it locks.

/ 1026R #9  
As far as the joystick, if I push it to hard forward when I'm mowing it tends to get stuck.

the joystick "getting stuck" may be the "float" position ???? My scv lever has that feature which allows the loader or front attachments to "float", just push the lever forward till it locks.

I second that you are going into "float"

/ 1026R
Thanks guys. This is my first tractor and I've got lots to learn. Thanks got your input and I'll keep following the forums to learn more.