Pto shaft extension.

/ Pto shaft extension. #12  
You don't like holes? What is the issue with holes...I assume a pin through it would work fine.

Tractor Supply sells the extenders with the holes. These were designed for an old Ford (IIRC) that did have a hole in the PTO stubshaft.
We don't want to be drilling holes in our tractors' PTO shafts, do we? First, it could weaken the shaft. Second, I imagine those shafts are casehardened and drilling would be difficult.

/ Pto shaft extension. #13  
Tractor Supply sells the extenders with the holes. These were designed for an old Ford (IIRC) that did have a hole in the PTO stubshaft.
We don't want to be drilling holes in our tractors' PTO shafts, do we? First, it could weaken the shaft. Second, I imagine those shafts are casehardened and drilling would be difficult.

Thanks, you probably saved me an extra trip...have a beer on me.:drink:

/ Pto shaft extension. #15  
I have several implements that have the cursed twist PTO connection. I bought an extension to get around using this type of connection - which can be VERY ornery at times. The push pin extension can be put on the PTO shaft connection BEFORE hooking up to the tractor PTO shaft. Then, with the push pin....it's easy!

ONE good tip I learned from Roy. (Still waiting on another...Bro ;) )

/ Pto shaft extension. #17  
Thanks guys they no longer sell that exact unit, but do sell another unit. I am in the same boat, gotta get about 4” back after adding Pats hitches to my tractor.

/ Pto shaft extension. #18  
I’m sure you have researched this, but just in case you haven’t. On my 2305, I put the slip clutch (TSC) on the shaft for the tiller. Might give you the length. Years ago, several horror stories on 2305 rear ends being tore up when the tiller hit a root, rock etc. or, having a shaft to long that bust out the case when the implement is lifted. I leave my slip clutch loose, and use brass bolts. Maybe overkill, figure why take the added risk. Good luck