Here are some pics of my Deeres at work in South Texas. 0718110705.jpg

0718111528.jpg

0728111631a.jpg

0729111523.jpg

/ John Deeres at work #2  
Nice pics!

/ John Deeres at work #3  
Thanks for the pics.

Just curious -- what sort of yields are you obtaining this year?

It should be 6+ weeks before the first cotton harvests in the Carolinas.

Steve

/ John Deeres at work
Thanks for the pics.

Just curious -- what sort of yields are you obtaining this year?

It should be 6+ weeks before the first cotton harvests in the Carolinas.

Steve
alot of the cotton is in the 650 to 750 pound area. back in tn we are looking at a pretty good crop.

/ John Deeres at work #5  
Thanks for the pics Deere. I put a couple of them in my album. I have never seen a picker working in the field and have never seen a cotton field ready for harvesting. But I bet I have driven more cotton pickers than just about anyone here. One of my jobs for about 3 years was to drive pickers from the assembly runout area to the shipping wharehouse at the plant in Ankeny, Iowa where they are made.

/ John Deeres at work
Thanks for the pics Deere. I put a couple of them in my album. I have never seen a picker working in the field and have never seen a cotton field ready for harvesting. But I bet I have driven more cotton pickers than just about anyone here. One of my jobs for about 3 years was to drive pickers from the assembly runout area to the shipping wharehouse at the plant in Ankeny, Iowa where they are made.

i wish i could buy a new one so i could do the gold key tour but for now i might try to plan a vacation up there to see the factory.

/ John Deeres at work #7  
By all means, if you get the chance, take the tour. At last count (20 some years ago) there were 67 acres under roof. Bring your walking shoes!

/ John Deeres at work #8  
Please excuse my ignorance, but I too have never seen cotton harvested. The closest I have been to a picker is having the operation of it explained to me at the John Deere Pavilion. I live about 12 miles from Moline Ill. I understand the orange thing transports the cotton bales, but does it pick them up? Is it a live floor system. How does it work? Those are great pics. Thanks!!

/ John Deeres at work
sorry its taken me so long to reply but the orange things in my pics are called module builders. their purpose is to pack the cotton in to pretty much big blocks. they are 32ft long, 8ft wide, and 8ft tall. each one weighs about 20000 pounds. then a modified semi with a tilting bed with roller chains running front to back pick up the modules. i will try to get some pics of it for you.

/ John Deeres at work #10  
Does that 5101E have trouble pulling that thing around? It dwarfs that tractor so much, that you wouldn't think that tractor could pull it. Much pull easy.
Thank You for the pics. Its nice to see the tractors in action.