Bucket level indicator

/ Bucket level indicator
THANK YOU all for all the input on this.I think now i just dont need one.

PLOWER

/ Bucket level indicator #12  
Well with winter time coming and freezing temps you might want to put alittle antifreeze in the liquid bucket indicator./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Maybe a nice slush would slow down the rocking motion of the liquid so just a few drops of antifreeze would be perfect./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Gordon

/ Bucket level indicator #13  
I have a JD level indicator on my 430 loader. As described earlier, a rod attached to the pivot point for the bucket, runs up through a tube on the loader arm. The rod slides up and down through the tube as you tilt the bucket. The rod is easily visible from the seat. The directions with the indicator tell you to level the bucket on the ground and mark the rod at the point it extends out of the tube with paint or tape, or cut off the rod at that point making it flush with the top of the tube. I chose to cut mine off and paint the end of the rod white. Now when the white tip of the rod is flush with the tube I know that the bucket will be level when it is touching the ground on a level surface. I also have the JD forks for my loader and when they're level the tip of the rod will be approx. 1/2" below the top of the tube, also very easy to see. My indicator came with the loader but the dealer did tell me, as I remember, that it's about $35 if you buy it separately. It's not a perfect device since it only indicates level bucket to level ground but it will get you within a few degrees of where you want to be at any time on any ground. You could probably build one yourself for $10, and if you want the dimensions for it I'd be happy to go out and measure mine and send you a detailed drawing.
Branch

/ Bucket level indicator #14  
Branch, the detailed drawing would be appreciated. I would like to put one on my JD521 loader.
Thanks

/ Bucket level indicator #15  
Branch,
Yes, I would also very much like to see a detailed drawing on your bucket level indicator.

Thanks in advance!!
-Max

/ Bucket level indicator #16  
Plower,

I have a JD bucket level indicator on my 4100. It is a simple device in which the highth of a steel rod indicates whether or not the bucket is level. While the price of $38 is a bit high, I did not have to spend the time making one and it went on in a few min. I think it works well. I don't have to hang off one side of the tractor to see if the bucket is level. I think it does make using the bucket a little easier (or a little faster).

/ Bucket level indicator #17  
Max,
I'll attach the same Word Doc I gave to Roy.

/ Bucket level indicator #18  
Gary, If you still have this drawing around, I would appreciate a copy. You can email direct or do another attachment. I assume there is some time-out period on attachments. 6 months? Thanks.

JohnS

/ Bucket level indicator #19  
I have one, it's fair. If it's a new tractor doesn't hurt to have. I don't think I would purchase one aftermarket though.

/ Bucket level indicator #20  
JohnS & Branch,

Whew! I'm glad you mentioned the attachment "time out". I didn't realize this thread had been around for some time. Thought I was having computer problems when the attachment wouldn't display. I'd like to see the attachment also if Branch still has it around somewhere.

Larry