Bucket level indicator

/ Bucket level indicator #1  

PLOWER

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 4710 JD Lt133 JD 345
Does anybody have a bucket level indicator on there loader?
Can you tell me if its good and about how much it costs?

PLOWER

/ Bucket level indicator #2  
Plower -

My L2500 came with a simple steel bracket welded onto the bucket with a green sticker on the top surface which is parallel to the bottom of the bucket (see attachment).

The idea is that the green sticker is visible from the driver's seat and you eyeball it to determine the angle of the bucket. My eyeball isn't always that accurate, but with experience I'm getting comfortable with it.

I know nothing of JD's, but I would imagine something along these lines would work for you. If you think of something better, let us all know.

HarvSig.gif

/ Bucket level indicator #3  
Plower, What kind of bucket level indicator did you have in mind? On my B7100, as with a lot of loaders, there was about a half inch rod from the bucket though a "loop?" on the right loader arm. You could set the bucket on the ground and get it level, then either paint the top of that rod, or cut it off level with the top of the loop. On my B2710 there is a flat strap of steel welded on the top of the bucket so it can be seen from the driver's seat. It is parallel to the bottom of the bucket so if it's level, the bucket is level. The problem with either one is that they indicate when the bucket is level on the ground only. And the type I now have depends on your being able to look at it from the driver's seat and tell whether it's level or not. Either one is definitely a help over having nothing, but sometimes I wish there was a better way.

Bird

/ Bucket level indicator #4  
I have an 9" level on my B21 attached to the loader level indicator on the bucket

It's about 2 1/2 inches in diameter and filled with a dark fluid that can easily be seen from the seat. It requires calibration on installation.

The level indicator is free and held in place with plastic tie wrap. I calibrate by marking with a fat ink pen when the bucket is on flat ground. I use a half filled 20 Oz clear plastic Coke bottle. It's susceptible to damage but lasts a lot longer than it takes to drink another bottle of Coke.

I hope to be "bottle broke" pretty soon when I get a better feel for the loader. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Bucket level indicator #5  
Now that picture is the same thing I have, and the picture's worlds better than my trying to describe it from the keyboard./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Bird

/ Bucket level indicator #6  
Twink, I LIKE your low cost bucket level! Easily replaced if damaged or lost, and certainly cost effective. May be a problem getting enough water down in Bird's area in the summertime though, although I suppose a half bottle of soda-pop would do the trick.

/ Bucket level indicator
HARV,
I know JD has a bucket level indicator that runs up the loader arm, AND its a hollow tube with a yellow thing in it,
when the buckets level the yellow thing you cant see, but when the bucket is tilted back the yellow is visible.I'm sure it sounds confusing but I tryed to explain the best i could.

PLOWER

/ Bucket level indicator #8  
Plower -

Your description is just fine -- I get the picture. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Seems to me there is an opportunity for R & B Manufacturing in here somewhere. A tiltmeter with remote sensor mounted on the bucket?

Hey, Rick!!! Time to light a fire under your R&D department. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ Bucket level indicator #9  
Plower, I think you're talking about the same thing I was with the rod through the "loop" (actually a short tube might be a better description). I'm afraid my description wasn't very good. Sounds like Twinkle Toes' idea might be worth trying on my tractor.

Bird

/ Bucket level indicator #10  
Cliff,
Once I got the feel for the FEL I stop useing the level rod.
By the looks of the level rod system one could make there own.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif